What is going on in NY?

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Going across I86 to Bath, NY today.

The d o t had truck inspections at 3 rest areas!!!!

full blown inspections with ladders, creepers, jacks, bunch of officers crawling around.

just get settled down from stopping at one and had to pull in for the next!!!!

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
This was the truck, delivering a camper. Signs on the side and all.

I pull in the first one and say OH CRAP!

They had 3/4 of the truck parking blocked off with cones, cops all over, a dodge dually with a car hauler trailer with a cop under the hood and one messing with a tire on the trailer.

I pull up next to one of the cops mobile office vans. Shut my truck off and start to get out. The cop leans out and tells me next to park in his inspection lane, move that camper down past the cones.

Yes Sir, bye bye:rofl:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
You drove off??? :rofl::rofl::rofl: If ya dont get caught or in trouble, Thats F-in hilaroius!

We went to a Free ADRL drag race here a few weeks ago, but when we got there they were charging $10 for parking! Parking in a grass field! An official walks up and starts chewing the money collector kid as we pull up to him.......so we kept goin:rofl:He was pretty busy/distracted....That was a free show then:D

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
You drove off??? :rofl::rofl::rofl: If ya dont get caught or in trouble, Thats F-in hilaroius!

We went to a Free ADRL drag race here a few weeks ago, but when we got there they were charging $10 for parking! Parking in a grass field! An official walks up and starts chewing the money collector kid as we pull up to him.......so we kept goin:rofl:He was pretty busy/distracted....That was a free show then:D

They most be passing those ADRL tickets out all over, They gave me 2 on saturday and 2 on wed night for a race in Va

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Yea I left, he must of thought I was some guy out camping!

and seeing what they were doing to the other trucks, the pickup included, I wasnt about to argue with him.

The 2nd and 3rd rest areas only had one cop in a van at the computer. And the truck in front of me rolled thru slowly and kept going, so I followed

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
If they don't wave you in that is your clue to get gone!!!:D

I feel the same way when i tow with my pickup. I'm just some bum with a trailer hooked up. whats a weigh station? what do you mean a dot number?

:rofl::angel:

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
NY tries to make as much money as possible to pay for NY city:rolleyes: If you ask me i think NY city should be separate from the rest of the state. Most of the people there are as$ holes any ways