What is a Baby Cheetah?

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
I've been looking at turbo upgrades and have been leaning toward the Garrett 4094 VVT and came accross the Baby Cheetah. What are the differences?

I'm looking for a reliable 550hp and lower egt's when towing my 5th wheel.

A baby Cheetah is a stock LBZ Turbine with a 64mm Compressor, which may help EGTs some, its probably not enough to notice. You need to do a full Cheetah with the upgraded turbine wheel to see real gains, add the bigger HX40 style 3 1/2" - 4" Downpipe and you will only help it more. The 4094vvt works for some guys, but it is by no means the best option... The Cheetahs offer stock vanes which tune better and spool better than the 4094vvts, 360* thrust bearings vs 270* stock, and a more durable (over the 4094vvt turbine) inconel turbine wheel.

Caleb

Last edited:

KidwickedLMM

Jun 12, 2011
I have guys that have dropped egt's up to 250* while towing. I don't tow much anymore so can't say where mine currently run.

Hey I have same year LMM and you have everything done to yours I wanna do to mine:thumb: what kinda dyno numbers you making?? Thanks. Kyle

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
Also, it looks like I'd have to remove the egr crap to install twins. I've been trying to avoid this as I've been expecting emission testing here before long.

Trying to learn something here :eek:

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
baby_cheetah.jpg

Thats a "baby cheetah" :rofl:

Looks pretty badass to me. :thumb:

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
i as well i have ton tons of mods to lower egts not a single one has done a darn thing of what i was expecting
fleece is way more then danville y who knows (f they price match)ill buy a fleece

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
i as well i have ton tons of mods to lower egts not a single one has done a darn thing of what i was expecting
fleece is way more then danville y who knows (f they price match)ill buy a fleece

Good luck with that price match. I may be interesred In selling my 68mm cheetah with 4" downpipe if anyone is interested

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010

Throw some headstuds in that thing and Ive got a turbo that you wont ever worry about looking at your EGT gauge again.

Caleb

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
The first ever baby cheetah is on my truck as I was the tester for it:D. I have about 100k on it and have had great luck. It runs great and spools better than stock. Egts not much different than stock but that's what I expected. Also tows well. However if I was recommending a turbo I'd say go with the big cheetah. Just because I want more now. :woott:

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
The turbo is a S363/68 in a non-wastegated T4 Housing. It will spool as fast and with some fuel maybe faster than the stock VNT turbos. They have been described as being electric. It does not matter what gear, speed, load, etc... this charger is alway right there ready to go. The two best features they offer are:

1. They are non-wastegated and are in OEM borg turbine housings, not molested S200 T3 Wastgated housings. This means the EGTS are in check like VNT guys have never seen before. A local LB7 fresh LBZ pump and 40% over injectors, dedicated DD and tow rig, will not crack 1200* on the tow tune and wont break 1400* on the Hot tune. We will have dyno numbers on this truck, and possibly cast to billet comparisons in the coming weeks.

2. The FPE S300 Line can be built with v-band front covers, that allow stock or OEM replacement aftermarket intakes to bolt up without modification. IE: LBZ mouth pieces and AFE Bladerunners. This setup eliminates the need for expensive spacers.

Bottom line is you can get an entry level, T4 pedestal based turbo with downpipe, install kit, and pedestal, that will support 600-625RWHP for under $2400.

Caleb

PS. We are also developing a variation of this turbo that will be a drop in replacement for the LB7 guys. :thumb: We should have some feed back from the test charger in the next few days. :D