What do I need to put a EFI tune on my truck!!!

BigWill_21

~BULL HURLEY Look-A-Like~
Aug 28, 2006
Greenville, NC
Do I have to have EFILive???? What do you need basically to make it all work!!! I doubt I cna figure it out, so basically I want ya'll to sell me one of your tunes I GUESS!!!

Can someone explain it a bit to me??

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
Do I have to have EFILive???? What do you need basically to make it all work!!! I doubt I cna figure it out, so basically I want ya'll to sell me one of your tunes I GUESS!!!

Can someone explain it a bit to me??

Will, you don't need anything but someone that lives close that also has EFILive. A license cost $99 so you will more then likely have to pay that amount as a very minimum. My guess is $150-$200 would be likely. And a very fair price for 100-250 added rwhp. If it were me selling it, I'd charge a buck per horse, with a 100 horse minimum.

BigWill_21

Aug 28, 2006
Greenville, NC
OK, guys I have decided EFILIVE is worth a try!!!!

Do I need a Laptop to plug into the truck, becuase I have a 2002 HP Laptop running XP layign around!!!!

Is that waht I need to tune???

Thanks
WILL

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
A laptop makes life so much better using EFI, but as long as you can get the truck close enough to the computer tower, you don't really need it. But it is highly recommended!

BigWill_21

Aug 28, 2006
Greenville, NC
what cables, and accessories will I need??? Things like that??

Does EFILIVE include what i need???

What are the differences in the Personal, Commercial versions???

I have a LLY, a LBZ, and my pop has a LLY.. I also have 4 or 5 friends with LB7's, so if I plan on tuning friends vehicles along with my different Duramax's does that require a specific version???

THANKS

Leo

Aug 29, 2006
Pell Lake, WI
what cables, and accessories will I need??? Things like that??

Does EFILIVE include what i need???

What are the differences in the Personal, Commercial versions???

I have a LLY, a LBZ, and my pop has a LLY.. I also have 4 or 5 friends with LB7's, so if I plan on tuning friends vehicles along with my different Duramax's does that require a specific version???

THANKS

I believe you'll need a license for each vehicle. The commercial version comes with 2 licenses (correct me if I'm wrong someone.) Yes the EFILive will include the cable you need to go between a computer and your truck's OBD port.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
imo go with commercial you will need a license for each vehicle
commercial version comes with 2 licences 99.00 for each after
i think
you tune all those guys get prepared for i want more this i want more that
wine wine wine:D and they wont be able to do any tuning
i tuned my buddys truck been trying to get him to buy his own version for ever...such a cheapskate he is

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
So everytime I want to change a tuen in my buddies trucks I ahve to drop $99????

No! Just one license per truck, not each time it is tuned.
If you buy the Commercial version-1 now at $549, then upgrade to V-2 within 30 days of its release for $449 you will have a total of 7 licenses, that is good for 7 1999 and up GM cars and trucks. (That's $299 for the upgrade, and $150 fee for getting the V-1 discount now.) So buying now can save you $150 over what most of us will have paid, plus you get an extra license.

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
This was posted on EFILive's forum by Paul

"There are three distinct offers. Each offer is independant of the others.

1. The First Month Upgrade Discount
An upgrade in the first month of sales is $100 off which makes it $299 instead of $399. The first month will begin the day that EFILive announces V2 is available for public sale on our web site and will end one calander month later.

2. The 30 Day Exception
All customers who purchased the FS-C product in the period from Aug 18, 2006 to Sep 17, 2006 (inclusive) will receive three complimentary VIN Licenses to mitigate the $300 price reduction of the V1 Commercial product.
All customers who purchased the FS-P product in the period from Aug 18, 2006 to Sep 17, 2006 (inclusive) will receive one complimentary VIN License to mitigate the $100 price reduction of the V1 Personal to Commercial upgrade.
All customers who purchased the FS-P to FS-C upgrade in the period from Aug 18, 2006 to Sep 17, 2006 (inclusive) will receive one complimentary VIN License to mitigate the $150 price reduction of the V1 Personal to Commercial upgrade.
Note: A few customers will fall into the category of having purchased BOTH the FS-P product AND the FSP to FS-C upgrade in the period from Aug 18, 2006 to Sep 17, 2006 (inclusive). Those customers will receive three complimentary VIN Licenses to mitigate the $300 price reduction of the V1 Commercial product.
This offer expires on Dec 18, 2006.

3. The V2 Upgrade Deal
If you purchased the Commercial version before Sep 18 2006, then when you upgrade to V2 (regardless of the $299/$399 offer) you also get 2 free PCM licenses. There is no time limit on this extra 2 VIN license deal for Commercial customers.
Regards
Paul"

Hope this clears things up some. As I was wrong in my last post.

Flashscan

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
When you purchase EFILive you get all the hardware and cables you need. There is no longer a distinction between Commerial and Personal versions of EFILive - all new purchases are being shipped as Commercial. FlashScan V1 will support your LB7 and LLY. It won't support the LBZ or LLY 06 (these use CAN support which is not supported in FlashScan V1) FlashScan V2 will support all V1 functions, and more - including CAN. Once the hardware is released (later this month) we will very quickly develop support for the 06 LLY, LBZ and LMM.

You will need a laptop or desktop to connect between your vehicle, FlashScan hardware to download your stock file and reflash.

You don't need to use a license to log. You can log as many vehicles as you like. You will need a license to tune your ECM and another license for your TCM. Once you've licensed your ECM/TCM you can reprogram as many times as you like.

So although you will need to purchase a license for your buddy, it costs nothing to modify that tune when he wants something different.

In terms of purchase - you definately need V2 to tune the LBZ. It's up to you if you want to buy V1 and upgrade to V2. As Mike said, you'll end up with alot of licenses as freebies for upgrading, and that alone might make it worthwhile going V1 then upgrading to V2.