What belt should i use to delete the ps pump

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
In my sled truck, i am hanging over 1500lbs on the front end and turning it, isn't very fun.. I had an e locker but it broke so i just welded the front diff.. Has anyone ever used a 12 volt hydraulic pump to steer the pulling rig? And if so, did you delete the power steering pump and run a shorter belt? And if so what belt do you use? Thanks...

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
You will have to get your setup done and then mock your old one up to decide how many inches shorter you need. A good parts counter guy can narrow down to length on the correct rib count belt without looking up a specific vehicle. Might take a couple trips to get it right.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I use a 12V hydraulic pump with my stock steering box, works good! I ended up making a new bracket for my dual fueler that mounts pump where the A/C pump used to mount, than used a piece of string to get a estimate on belt length.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 47

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
I have no clue why i cant steer.. I thought maybe the slide collor was trashed, but it looks good.. I think maybe its just the over all weight and the 12 inch wide wheels