Weapon light recommendations wanted

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm looking to buy a light to mount on an AR. I already have a mount for it; I just need a good light to put in it. I'm looking to spend around $100, but I could go a little higher for something that is substantially better. Anybody have any recommendations?

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
$100 I suggest a tlr1hl, 800 lumens. I run one 12oclock in front of a dd fixed front sight on a Bcm kmr-a. :thumb:

On edit I don't think you could touch a used sf for $100...

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
i know you said you already have a mount, but id take a look at a Streamlight ProTac Railmount 2L on my home built 16'' comes with a built in mount, pressure switch or regular tail cap

i have some pics if you want

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Search amazon for "Orion H40-W 500 Lumen LED Tactical Flashlight with Pressure Switch and Rifle Mount". They're $59.95 and have 313 reviews and are rated 4.5 stars. I think for the money it'd be worth a shot.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I have probably a couple dozen surefire and love them all. But for some reason I'm always reaching for my Olights.

Fenix are highly recommended as well but the build quality doesn't touch an Olight.

For the money I don't think they can be beat. Also if you're up to it you can get an 18650 body with a malkoff drop in. Those will go through hell and back.

What kind of button would you like?

Yes, I have a slight obsession (problem) with flashlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Pentagon makes some good ones as well, I've had a couple of them for a while now. They survived multiple deployments overseas and field ops here. I'd recommend going LED with what ever you decide, the other likes to eat batteries.

If you are using a forward grip you can mount the light off the side of the weapon and use your thumb to activate the pressure switch on the back of the light. Remember the barrel sight (the brightest spot of the light projection) relationship will be off the distance of what ever mount you use.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
HSP/inforce. Absolute best value and operation. The HSP version is a push actuaute without toggle.

I have them on all of my rifles except one clone build that I have a streamlight.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Great luck with Streamlight.

IMO if you're using it in the dark, ~200 lumens will do the trick, unless you need some long distance.

hatsoim

MR
May 11, 2018
Iowa,Des Moines
I lean towards SF and Elzetta, but if you are going for fun and want inexpensive, I suggest SolarForce, and a Malkoff Drop in. I have a fun gun set up that way. It has taken thousands of rounds.