Water pump failure fix...

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
What are the chances of your pump failing? What kind of guaranty do you carry? I'm just trying to figure out all the data here, 75% failure rate do you have the sample size of trucks with LBZ pumps that failed 3/4? 15/20? 75/100?
We have had zero failures with our kits. That 75% failure rate is based off of design on all aftermarket and some ac pumps. There no differant than the lly'lb7 pump design.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
We have had zero failures with our kits. That 75% failure rate is based off of design on all aftermarket and some ac pumps. There no differant than the lly'lb7 pump design.
What do you mean "no different"? The impeller is different.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
To be honest i would like to do exstensive testing on the electric for everyday use. I have sold many electric kits and only know of one person that had issues but he has had issues with every thing he has done so im not sure if its the pump. I have used the electric kit myself for years with not one issue and it was run hard. How high you talking?

5000 RPM max. I shift all 3 speed in the 4000 + range and run out 3rd to 4800 rpm.

My SW pump is now sent back to them for repairs due to bearing failures, I assume its due to the straight water and rust from sitting all winter.

I dont see any issues DD a electric and love the fact of cooling after shut down.

I do howerver worry about hots spots due to lower circ rates.....maybe just being a lil paranoid. ive since added a higher pressure cap to raise the boiling point in effort to avoid this, but simply just dont know.

What do you mean "no different"? The impeller is different.

I thought it was different only on the lly to LBZ?