Water injection

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Im in the market for a water injection kit. SheidDiesel has a kit for 1500 but Im not sure I need something that fancy. I see that coolingmist has a kit with dual pumps http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmain.aspx?pid=cmstage3egt that seems decent. I have heard the labonte kits are nice. I really only do two things with this truck and its sled pulling (kinda retired from that) and drag racing. I just want to be able to cool the truck off to about 1400*. My egt gauge is pegged at 1600* really fast. Any opinions on which kit to buy? Thanks, Eric

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You may not get the results you are looking for from water injection....

DMax518

Dec 30, 2010
Colorado
I too was looking into water/meth. Interested in snow perfromances kit. Anyone have this kit on their duramax? Does it really lower egts 200-250 Degrees. If not what is the average egt drop? Thanks

DMax518

Dec 30, 2010
Colorado
Which water/meth company would you recommend? Like I said I was looking into the snow performance but haven't really looked into any other brands.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I spray a 780cc nozzle and one that is probably around 380cc. Big one before IC, little after. (Coolingmist pump and nozzles) Kinda a hodge podge setup I put together. I only have a 1 gallon tank so it only comes on around 19-20psi.

It seems to bring egt's down 50-100 degrees... and I make around 430whp. I'm not sure how much you would have to spray to bring a pegged 1600 gauge down to 1400 but I bet it would be a LOT! Probably to the point of putting out the fire and being counter productive?

Just some thoughts on it...I feel every little bit helps, but I wouldn't expect that large of a reduction