VP Diesel Race Fuel?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Mark, along with myself have tested this fuel. We both have had barrels of it for quite some time.

The Fuel has change several times due to refinery's burning down.
The first batch was the best. I know I have seen it from 10hp all the way to 100hp increase. With a few hard part limits being how it reacts.. but, the issue is for us pulling guys, it does not meet spec for pretty much everyone's fuel rule. Obviously for the money its not worth it for street use and when it comes to drag racing you are pretty much unlimited so save the money and buy a bigger turbo, injector, pump ect. and have a lot more to gain.

My turbo and fuel setups are about as big as I can ever imagine going on a street truck. I was just wondering if this might give me a tenth at the track or drop egt's a bit and maximize my chances of driving home lol

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Updates here?

I'm going to say the same thing Trevor did, for a puller with lower compression it works great but if you have compression of 16.0:1 or higher then pump fuel makes more power. The VP Torq is a thinner fuel with less energy than pump diesel but it has additives in it that make it burn faster and that's why it hazes less and burns cleaner. At the end of the day for the cost most of my guys run pump diesel with Cenpeco Outlaw additive mixed in with it and works great with the best of both worlds.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I'm going to say the same thing Trevor did, for a puller with lower compression it works great but if you have compression of 16.0:1 or higher then pump fuel makes more power. The VP Torq is a thinner fuel with less energy than pump diesel but it has additives in it that make it burn faster and that's why it hazes less and burns cleaner. At the end of the day for the cost most of my guys run pump diesel with Cenpeco Outlaw additive mixed in with it and works great with the best of both worlds.

Have you noticed a need to adjust tuning much with the Outlaw additive in order to make the truck do what you want? I.E. adjust timing and desired injection rates?