LLY: VIN

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Can the vin in an 05 gmc be removed without removing the windshield?
My truck had an engine fire was totalled by insurance bought back and already fixed everything and there’s a guy parting a truck out with a clean vin which would be way easier. My truck is in great mechanical shape. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. The body is the downside as rockers are rotted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
Most states just require minimal documentation and a quick safety inspection to get back on the road. What kind of hurdles do you have to jump through in your state?

Growing up my brother totaled 3 vehicles and one of them twice. We were able to rebuild and put them back on the road with no issue. 2 of my current trucks are on a rebuilt title and other than resale they are treated like any other vehicle.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Most states just require minimal documentation and a quick safety inspection to get back on the road. What kind of hurdles do you have to jump through in your state?

Growing up my brother totaled 3 vehicles and one of them twice. We were able to rebuild and put them back on the road with no issue. 2 of my current trucks are on a rebuilt title and other than resale they are treated like any other vehicle.

Body has to be dam near mint is my problem. Like I said before mechanically it’s in great mechanically. I gonna see tomorrow on price for single piece rocker panels.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Changing my mind I’ll just do the rockers and go back over everything. I a copy of the inspection report I can go over and make sure she will pass

Daboot162

Jul 19, 2017
Especially since you have documented your illegal intentions on here... lol. Wouls be hard fo deny if you got caught! Good luck!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ive known a couple people over the years who bought fresh cabs due to severe rust issues and "moved" the old vin tag over.....
......nothing ever happened b/c of it. Not saying it wouldnt, but it didnt.