VGT mouthpiece upgraded high performance clamp!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
12oz curls. Just overtightened a bit. Didn't take much. Didn't make a big difference on my truck but if you had twins and it wasn't real tight you'd lose all sorts of boost.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Nice clamp, ya the factory 8mm hose clamp style doesn't take to repeated use and also loosens up allowing debris to enter the turbo, the clamp eventually binds up or strips out.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
You bet Dylan! Yes the stock clamps don't last and are nota good choice when you have boost from a twin setup in the picture. Screw clamps don't work for boosted hose connections so why would you trust it on the mouth piece in a twin set up. You wouldn't believe how many people have boost leaks until you use the proper tools to pressure test the entire system at operating pressures!

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
Got the clamp in tonight mark! Looks great! Thank you again! Now just gotta wait for some powdercoating to be done and bolt her all back together :)

DuramaxTireSmoker

Jun 8, 2010
SW Florida
I ordered one and put it on and it works absolutely FANTASTIC. worth every penny.

however, have any of you ever experience an issue with it not sealing due to a the turbo(perhaps warped?) I've tried several mouthpeice's and clamps and I still seem to have a leak around the turbo. I'm not the best diagnoser either tho:rofl:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I ordered one and put it on and it works absolutely FANTASTIC. worth every penny.

however, have any of you ever experience an issue with it not sealing due to a the turbo(perhaps warped?) I've tried several mouthpeice's and clamps and I still seem to have a leak around the turbo. I'm not the best diagnoser either tho:rofl:

Yes, I've seen alot of inlets that aren't true(straight) and you would want to take a flat stone or file to smooth it out and thenuse a thin layer of rtv to help seal it up!