Valance Lights

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is there supposed to be a picture or a link? I don't see anything.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
No pic or link. I could link a pic of something though. My truck doesn’t have a valance but I would like to put something like those on my truck. Wondering if anyone has done it and how they did?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Oh heck no.

I was behind a Dodge the other day on the freeway that had one of those LED stoplight light bars under the tailgate, and the bar was making a lightshow like a Goodyear blimp!?! First time Id ever seen one of those light bars do that. :LOL:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ugly. And as Ton said. No light aiming so only for off-road use as it will shine into incoming traffic.

Reactions: TheBac

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm not sure where you're from, but we call them chicken lights around here. It's kind of redneck looking in my opinion, but they usually aren't bright enough to blind other drivers or cause problems with oncoming traffic. If you like the look, go for it, but if you're asking my opinion, I say no. As far as installation, that would depend on what you bought. The ones you linked appear to flush mount which means you would have to drill a bunch of holes to mount them. You would likely want to wire them to the park light circuit or a separate toggle switch. If they're LED, you can probably run them directly from the park light circuit without a relay, but incandescent bulbs would require you to use a relay and fuse that is triggered off the park light.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I call them chicken lights too but thought valance lights would make more since to people who dont call them that. I think they are cool looking. I just like the look of trucking down the road with all the ambers and lights and stuff.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I call them chicken lights too but thought valance lights would make more since to people who dont call them that. I think they are cool looking. I just like the look of trucking down the road with all the ambers and lights and stuff.
Man, if you like it, go for it. You're definitely not alone. If you can give us a little more info on exactly how you're wanting them to operate, I would be happy to help you with more specifics on wiring. It isn't going to be all that complicated.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I was just wondering how they would be placed on the truck. My truck doesn’t have the valence so I don’t know how I would mount them. Did an 09 Silverado come with a balance?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I was just wondering how they would be placed on the truck. My truck doesn’t have the valence so I don’t know how I would mount them. Did an 09 Silverado come with a balance?
Not in the traditional sense that most would think as a valance

cat_vehicle_chevygmc_66_0710.jpg

Reactions: MaxComp88B