Vacuum Pump problems with my LB7

02DMAX-LB7

Mar 5, 2022
So I've been dealin with a chattering/ticking noise and found out on another forum that it was the vacuum pump. I replaced it and the ticking sound got much louder, is it just breaking in? Any thoughts on this?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I've found those pumps to be quite unreliable. your new pump may be bad. I've quieted mine down for a little while by trickling oil into the vacuum hose. good luck, I hate those things

Reactions: 02DMAX-LB7

02DMAX-LB7

Mar 5, 2022
Thanks for the reply, I did notice the hose I connected to it was old and kinked up so I will try replacing that. Is that the hose oil should be running through?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
yes. I don't remember exactly but I think they make more noise if they are pumping a lot of air. may want to look for vacuum leaks. you can test it buy putting your finger over the end of the tube and seeing if it quiets down any

02DMAX-LB7

Mar 5, 2022
yes. I don't remember exactly but I think they make more noise if they are pumping a lot of air. may want to look for vacuum leaks. you can test it buy putting your finger over the end of the tube and seeing if it quiets down any
Ok, I just looked and found out that hose that connects to that nipple is just a sensor line I think, is that the hose your talking about?