Upcoming diesel emission laws.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If it happens, I'm sure it will only be for the counties that are doing emissions testing on the gassers.

pmason92

Dec 2, 2012
Madera, CA
According to what I have found it is the entire state inspection system. Its S.B. 1350 for all of you who want to look it up. My understanding is that basically were all screwed. Its passed in house unanimously.

pmason92

Dec 2, 2012
Madera, CA
My buddy who does emissions here in granbury told me next year my truck probably wont pass and that ill need a pipe coupler because the emission system wont fit on my exhaust
Though from what I have also read is that if they are testing for the same emissions gas engines send out I should pass because gas engines put out a remarkable amount of carbon monoxide and diesels put out little to none. So I really dont know. Hence why I started a thread lol.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
They have had emissions on diesel in salt lake since day one. It's really not that hard to deal with. My truck passes (legally) every year. Spend an afternoon once a year making it legal...whoopty dooo...now you know why I NEVER sell off stock parts. I have every single piece I need sitting in my garage to put my truck back to 100% stock.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Rick perry is and has always been a back door liberal. Our neighbors to the north got it right when they told the state we are not doing inspections anymore. There is no law requiring any buisness in texas to do an inspection. Just saying

pmason92

Dec 2, 2012
Madera, CA
I know when I lived in cali 06 and under were exempt from emissions or so I was told and never got notice or fined for not smogging. I just hope its that way here. Im sure there will be a lot of changes and by laws added before its in full swing.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
They have had emissions on diesel in salt lake since day one. It's really not that hard to deal with. My truck passes (legally) every year. Spend an afternoon once a year making it legal...whoopty dooo...now you know why I NEVER sell off stock parts. I have every single piece I need sitting in my garage to put my truck back to 100% stock.

That's a lot of swapping to do!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

bfalke1

May 12, 2014
Did this actually pass? most sites still show it as through the state senate, but pending in the house (and has been pending for over 1 year now).

Additionally, the text has changed. When introduced, it spoke of diesels facing emissions, but that text has been removed, to state that it is for vehicles facing emissions testing per Subchapter F of Chapter 548, Transportation Code.

I tried to find that, but I could not tell if diesel is omitted still, but I do not see how that is changing.

To view the original text of SB 1350 and the current version see HERE.

Chapter 548, Transportation Code found HERE. - I cannot find any exemptions for diesels, but also no specific inclusions. I am not sure what this means, as I don't know how exactly diesel vehicles were excluded before

If anyone can read and decipher this crap, much appreciated.

pmason92

Dec 2, 2012
Madera, CA
From what I understand in it is that all vehicles will follow the US EPA. Which really is not that harsh. Throw on a highflow cat and muffler for inspection.

DURAMAXD219

It's all pink
Dec 5, 2013
Arizona
Even if my stupid tree hugging hippie state passed emissions standards I would still be good. Lb7 ftw!

Haha people's jaws drop when I tell them Oregon doesn't do emissions (Portland excluded)

Just an FYI, it pays to know people at the emissions stations ;)

bfalke1

May 12, 2014
Haha people's jaws drop when I tell them Oregon doesn't do emissions (Portland excluded)

Just an FYI, it pays to know people at the emissions stations ;)

LOL, yeah I know, when I was younger I had a few friends that worked at one, but no longer.

I still use a trick a buddy from high school taught me. Tint on front windows cannot be darker than 35% in Texas (or 30 cannot recall), mine is a tad lower than that, so I should fail. While tint is required to be lighter than that, I am not required to have functioning windows.

So you just roll your windows down and pull a fuse, and pass your inspection - no friend at the station required.