Unknown/intermittent boggin down

C4izrite

Oct 16, 2020
I have a 2011 6.6 lml with a very aggrivating issue. Its bogging down like no air flow emits grey white smoke n wont go, in neutral and park throttle respond normal but tryin to drive sometime will ....chke out i guess.. Im a FNG to owning a diesel have had truck for 2 yrs and oly a glow plug issue once. Took to a dealership😥 and they said the balance rates were off i need new injectors. Dont have 8k sitting around burning hole in my pocket. So went with injector cleaning and drove fine for 2 days round town and to work 2hrs round trip, and leavin for work faltered again....got my scan tool out and pulled balance rates up had inj 6 at 5.4 the rest were +to - .1 or close to it. No trouble codes at all during this but when i recive truck back from dealer had a bunch of dtc from inj? Guess they didnt clear. Have had fuel cilter changed prior to dealership. Im a multicraft maintenance tech so not stupid but dont know where to head from here. Read about the cp4.2 pumps which i hope it isnt, also about the frps? Could this be possiblity. Have egr/def/nox/scr electroniclly deleted before i bought didnt relize at the time.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Maybe egr is inadvertently opening up.

If you can log fuel pressure desired and actual while driving and compare the two that should give you a good idea about the health of the CP4

Also, list out here any codes you have or get

C4izrite

Oct 16, 2020
I will once i get back to it working nights 12 hr shifts and family time very hard to balance. Would egr still open tho electronically deleted or so they said i still see on my bosch scan tool. Balance rate is good excpt one at +5 but rail pressure i cant remember.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
When turned off through tuning it can still be pushed open though exhaust pressure. This will replace the air causing it to bog down and smoke. Not saying it is happening to your's but is something to check

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
$10 says the egr (even though turned off in the tuning) is still plugged in.

Unplug both egr valves, one by the firewall passenger side. One driver side front.

Brown plug in, yellow safety lock.

C4izrite

Oct 16, 2020
First off my apos bac....didnt know there were difrent sections and would a bad battery effect injector system. Frp is at 4k at idle when i presss accelerator max at 4.5 k rpm frp is showing @15-17k.

C4izrite

Oct 16, 2020
$10 says the egr (even though turned off in the tuning) is still plugged in.

Unplug both egr valves, one by the firewall passenger side. One driver side front.

Brown plug in, yellow safety lock.
Found out egr system not deleted and only driverside plugged in pass was disconnected. Dont know why or for what. Replaced my batt and its doing well so far.....

C4izrite

Oct 16, 2020
Maybe egr is inadvertently opening up.

If you can log fuel pressure desired and actual while driving and compare the two that should give you a good idea about the health of the CP4

Also, list out here any codes you have or get
First off my apos bac....didnt know there were difrent sections and would a bad battery effect injector system. Frp is at 4k at idle when i presss accelerator max at 4.5 k rpm frp is showing @15-17k.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Are you getting 15-17k fuel pressure free reving or under load? That is low for under load but may be normal if free reved

C4izrite

Oct 16, 2020
Go log actual vs desired under a WOT run with the truck and see what it does.
29k wot 1/4 run...going easy down road it fluxuates 7-10k. Think egrs messing up system. Going to do full delete in near future. Kinda wierd though having intermittent issues and complete failure take to dealership they say inj. But bal rates and pressures are good according to my pro scan monitor. A lil dumb founded.

C4izrite

Oct 16, 2020
Update....stealership wanted me to pay 8k for injactors when i got it back home found a bad battery as well as bypassing orings on fuel filter head..replaced and lo and behold it fixed issue....but my gpcm started faulting out looked in to it n foud my power cable on the module was loose.....wasnt before stealership had. Tightned connection and no codes yet. Been driving it for a few days straight with no issues. Thanks for all the info and help yall have given me.