Uninstalling tunes

sik 07

Dec 26, 2009
I'm going to be uninstalling my tuner on my LMM. It is a H&S XRT Pro. I have searched for instructions on how to get it done but have come up with nothing so far. Can I uninstall the tune to where I can install it on another truck?
Thanks

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Yes, you can, its been awhile since I have done it, but it should be similar to how you installed it to begin with. Granted if the emissions have been removed the truck will not run for very long afterwards without putting efi live or something similar back on the truck.

sik 07

Dec 26, 2009
Thanks. I am installing a new tuner this weekend. I just wasn't too sure if I would be able to uninstall my old one.

TheNewGuy78

Jun 1, 2021
I am a new owner 2019 duramax. I was thinking of getting a Banks Derringer tuner for it. But I've heard that it cannot be used unless you do the full ecm swap is this true? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FreedomOne

Sep 30, 2020
I am a new owner 2019 duramax. I was thinking of getting a Banks Derringer tuner for it. But I've heard that it cannot be used unless you do the full ecm swap is this true? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not true. The Derringer is a piggyback that plugs into the map and fuel sensor and modifies the signal from there. Change settings through the idash.