Unidentified Plug - What is it

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I found this plug that is under my radio it it plugged into a blank in between the cig plug outlets under the radio. Does anyone know what this plug goes too or what it controls? Could it be Stabilitrak or something like that. See attached pictures for an illustration. Any ideas would appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Unidentified Cable01.JPG
    Unidentified Cable01.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • Unidentified Cable02.JPG
    Unidentified Cable02.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • Unidentified Cable03.JPG
    Unidentified Cable03.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 25

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Looks like probably the 'Multifunction Switch Assembly' connector that has switches for Traction Control, Rear Park Assist, Washer fluid heater and adjustable pedals.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Did you happen to check my signature out? Thank you.
Your sig doesnt show.
But if its a newer truck, then cougar is probably correct. If older truck, it couldve been airbag or plow lighting harness.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Your sig doesnt show.
But if its a newer truck, then cougar is probably correct. If older truck, it couldve been airbag or plow lighting harness.
Tom, are you using Tapatalk? His signature is present when using a web browser (at least it is for me), but it seems there's no way to see it in Tapatalk unless I'm missing something. At any rate, it's a 2008.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yes, on Tapatalk. I think it was a setting I clicked. Anyway, he got his answer. No harm, no foul.

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Accessory buttons like Cougar mentioned

Does it plug into something like this?
View attachment 104920
View attachment 104921
That is exactly what it is and I am sorry Tom (TheBac) did not realize you can not see signatures from tapatalk. My truck is a 2008. I met up with Cougar today and he stated exactly that and was unsure about the wiring or if it is even if is connected to anything, but your picture proves my theory that it is stabilitrak as you have the actual button, but do I have the actual hardware there if I have the wiring could I just buy the button and then plug in a couple fuses to get it to work. I was always wondering what the plug is. Thank you for the good Illustration. Do you happen to have the part number of that button? Thank you.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think I these will do from eBay. You can probably pull the numbers off the parts in the photos. Those photos I posted above where just something I found on the web. I think you may need more then just the button and fuses to make it work. Probably some programming needed too. Those wires are also for things like pedal adjust, park assist, heated washer fluid, etc. First, you need the equipment, second, you need the coding. Ben (duratothemax) I'm sure would know but hes not on here much anymore

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I think I these will do from eBay. You can probably pull the numbers off the parts in the photos. Those photos I posted above where just something I found on the web. I think you may need more then just the button and fuses to make it work. Probably some programming needed too. Those wires are also for things like pedal adjust, park assist, heated washer fluid, etc. First, you need the equipment, second, you need the coding. Ben (duratothemax) I'm sure would know but hes not on here much anymore

Good stuff and thank you very much. I will just keep it handy in case I decide to investigate further, but I know some 2008's did come with the stabilitrak option. I just do not know what is needed based on a harness and I know it will take some investigation. Thank you all! Much appreciated.