turn them back on

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I still have one PC running straight for a few years now. Unfortunately I don't have access to it anymore because it's at my old job :roflmao:

It was a computer set up just to manage the plotter printer. Didn't do anything except process printer spooling. So I ran the folding on it. Still seems to be active. Hope it is being put to good use on the virus crap

Don't have anything capable at my new job currently unfortunately.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I fired up the client on my Ryzen 3900X. Figure I might as well use it to heat my office instead of the heater :rofl:

I might start it on my home theater PC too, but that is a i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz which might not be fully stable under sustained load. And the GPU is ancient at this point (GeForce 670).

It looks like the DuramaxDiesels team (#195247) is rank 425. Maybe we can get that up a bit higher again?

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Dave what are you running your config at? I had to break the 3900X into two units with 10 and 12 cores each and it still doesn't get jobs consistently. Even the 2070 waits days sometimes without jobs. if it cranks it can do a 1,000,000 a day easy. it just waits alot.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I've got the 3900X configured as a single 23-core unit, and it gets jobs pretty consistently. Not sure why yours doesn't, maybe just luck of the draw. If I can keep everything fed, I can pull 1M+ points/day, but most days the GPU (old 980 Ti) spends more time idle than working.

That's their biggest problem right now: not enough work units for everyone. It's been getting better slowly. Though now that we're getting into the hotter part of the year, I will eventually cut back how much I contribute. When my A/C is running 8+ hours a day, it doesn't make sense to have 3 PCs running full tilt dumping heat into the house. That A/C bill starts to add up quick.

Your 2070 sure cranks out the work when it's available. I keep considering getting the 2070 Super, but so close to nVidia's scheduled announcement I'm going to hold off. Wouldn't surprise me if they announce some new GPU that either strikes my fancy or causes the pricing to drop on their current lineup.