Truck lost communication with TCM.

Jan 7, 2023
Winnemucca, NV
My 2008 Chev Duramax 6.6L with Allison Trans is stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear. My superchip that I use to read DTC's comes up with " lost comm with TCM" I have another TCM from same year, make & model...do I need to program it some how ? Need help.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
You may or may not need a new/repaired TCM. The 1st thing to do is to make sure the TCM has power and is grounded. You will need a wiring diagram and a test light and DVM. If you aren't comfortable with doing the work yourself, you will need a shop to determine if the TCM is really dead. It is not at all uncommon to have circuit problems that cause this and you'd sure wouldn't want to pony up for a TCM repair if you only have a bare wire somewhere.

DieselsSafeSpace

aka PowerHustler
Dec 20, 2020
Programming is done with tis2web and a tech2. Diagnoses is a must. If your still having issues let me know and I'll provide a wiring diagram.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
Since you have another 20008 TCM, you could plug it in and see if you have communications or not. If you do, you have some info about your existing TCM. If not, it was worth a try. I think you need to get the replacement married to your truck after you see if it works/communicates.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Since you have another 20008 TCM, you could plug it in and see if you have communications or not. If you do, you have some info about your existing TCM. If not, it was worth a try. I think you need to get the replacement married to your truck after you see if it works/communicates.
Tcm should just be plug n play.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk