Transgo jr and line pressure spring kit

Drew1980

08 lmm ltz
Jan 18, 2022
San Diego, Ca
So I'm in the market to get the juggernaut Jr in the future, yet in the mean time id like to install the transgo jr and a line pressure spring kit. I just installed a deep pan kit and 5/8 cooler lines, but didn't think about doing the transgo at the same time. What should I get? Was looking at either the dhd line pressure spring kit or Suncoast kit. I'm wondering if I should do the ML trim spring or what is recommended? I usually leave it on the 90 tune but occasionally turn on the 120 for an onramp or two.i do notice shift lag, not necessarily slippage, but trying to prevent premature failure by not using my 150 tune. Also my temp were staying at no more than 145 degrees and now occasionally hit the 160 mark, not towing, merely freeway and traffic. 08 lmm, y bridge, hot side pipe, 3" dp, 5" straight deleted, s&b intake, merchant deep pan, 5/8 cooler lines, pcv reroute, 6" lift on 35's, fass 165, I use transynd and amsoil oil.

Drew1980

08 lmm ltz
Jan 18, 2022
San Diego, Ca
With them big tires and a heavy foot your torque converter won't last very much longer. Ask me how I know.
I don't feel I have a heavy foot. I'm 42 yrs old, just like to get on it once or twice a week to open her up.. I just want to add the transgo kit until I can convince myself to buy the juggernaut trans

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I don't feel I have a heavy foot. I'm 42 yrs old, just like to get on it once or twice a week to open her up.. I just want to add the transgo kit until I can convince myself to buy the juggernaut trans
the switching of tunes and hammering down 1-2 times a week surprisingly is harder on that trans than you may realize.

with the miles you have and description of the truck/how you drive, the transgo kit just isnt going to help you. the damage the kit may have helped protect, has already been done and the transgo jr wont help the converter live.

you would be better off just saving that coin for the juggernaut trans. if you plan to do the install, id either plan to buy a new radiator or have a shop install the trans that has a hot flush machine. if/when the clutches or converter start coming apart, it will plug up the heat exchanger inside the rad, then send crap through your brand new trans once it heats up. I believe it is a requirement from inglewood as well.

Reactions: Drew1980

Drew1980

08 lmm ltz
Jan 18, 2022
San Diego, Ca
Let me know if I can help.
Do you agree with above statement mike? So I am the second owner of the truck, bought it with 142,000 miles. Older couple was original owner, they towed a medium size travel trailer. Truck was not abused for its 142k miles, so I'm hoping the converter is still in good shape.

Drew1980

08 lmm ltz
Jan 18, 2022
San Diego, Ca
the switching of tunes and hammering down 1-2 times a week surprisingly is harder on that trans than you may realize.

with the miles you have and description of the truck/how you drive, the transgo kit just isnt going to help you. the damage the kit may have helped protect, has already been done and the transgo jr wont help the converter live.

you would be better off just saving that coin for the juggernaut trans. if you plan to do the install, id either plan to buy a new radiator or have a shop install the trans that has a hot flush machine. if/when the clutches or converter start coming apart, it will plug up the heat exchanger inside the rad, then send crap through your brand new trans once it heats up. I believe it is a requirement from inglewood as well.
I bought the truck w 142,000 miles from an older couple who used to tow a travel trailer. Truck was not beat or abused. It was completely stock until 3 months ago. I bought it in 2018, didn't drive it much until late last year. It had only had the tunes installed for 2,000 miles, y bridge was just installed last month. I've had the tunes on for literally 1000 miles or less

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Do you agree with above statement mike? So I am the second owner of the truck, bought it with 142,000 miles. Older couple was original owner, they towed a medium size travel trailer. Truck was not abused for its 142k miles, so I'm hoping the converter is still in good shape.
Every truck is different. It will tell you when more work is needed.

Drew1980

08 lmm ltz
Jan 18, 2022
San Diego, Ca
Every truck is different. It will tell you when more work is needed.
Would you say try the transgo kit and line pressure spring kit? Am I risking more by installing it this late in the game? Would I use your team spring as well if I ordered the dhd spring kit? Or what i should say is: what should I use with the transgo kit?

Drew1980

08 lmm ltz
Jan 18, 2022
San Diego, Ca
Would you say try the transgo kit and line pressure spring kit? Am I risking more by installing it this late in the game? Would I use your team spring as well if I ordered the dhd spring kit? Or what i should say is: what should I use with the transgo kit?
Trim not team spring?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I wouldn't do the PR spring kit as the stock converter clutch will not like it. Also not a good idea to tear apart a trans with that many miles as you tend to shake up the system and start throwing codes.

Drew1980

08 lmm ltz
Jan 18, 2022
San Diego, Ca
I wouldn't do the PR spring kit as the stock converter clutch will not like it. Also not a good idea to tear apart a trans with that many miles as you tend to shake up the system and start throwing codes.
Ok. I'm right down here in San diego. Any used juggernaut Jr's or good deals around your shop? I don't want to wait too long to do this, but 7k above my head cause I just spent 6k on lift, kryptonite steering, rims and tires.. lol

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I bought the truck w 142,000 miles from an older couple who used to tow a travel trailer. Truck was not beat or abused. It was completely stock until 3 months ago. I bought it in 2018, didn't drive it much until late last year. It had only had the tunes installed for 2,000 miles, y bridge was just installed last month. I've had the tunes on for literally 1000 miles or less
thats better but 142k isnt a new trans and you have accelerated the wear inside from what has already worn.

we played this game with @fish truck. stock 07 dually with i think just over 100k miles. grandpa driven its whole life till he bought it. Fish isnt a performance fanatic but wanted a little pep. threw a 60hp tune in it and a 40hp tow tune on a dsp2, transgo jr, exhaust, and some other little touches but truck was otherwise stock and was not beatin on. The stock converter made it 5k before it started chattering and not holding lock up.

My suggestions are purely to save you money and headache down the road.

Drew1980

08 lmm ltz
Jan 18, 2022
San Diego, Ca
I'd like some info/help about the diy kit. I used the chat on inglewood site and someone said they aren't available

Drew1980

08 lmm ltz
Jan 18, 2022
San Diego, Ca
thats better but 142k isnt a new trans and you have accelerated the wear inside from what has already worn.

we played this game with @fish truck. stock 07 dually with i think just over 100k miles. grandpa driven its whole life till he bought it. Fish isnt a performance fanatic but wanted a little pep. threw a 60hp tune in it and a 40hp tow tune on a dsp2, transgo jr, exhaust, and some other little touches but truck was otherwise stock and was not beatin on. The stock converter made it 5k before it started chattering and not holding lock up.

My suggestions are purely to save you money and headache down the road.
Thank you for your honest input