Transfer case issue

Michigan_LMM

Nov 10, 2016
Mid Michigan
I was driving down the highway when out of nowhere my truck free revved like it went into neutral, I had shifted from 4 wheel to 2 about 5 miles earlier but not sure if this is related or not. Today I had a tech 2 hooked up and the switch is changing voltage and when you command the transfer case shift motor to move you can hear the transfer case shift through 2wd 4wd and 4lo. It is communicating with the tccm but will not go through the relearn process so it knows what position the transfer case is in. Any ideas on what to try next?

Firefightkev

May 30, 2014
Central Florida
I had a 2015 chevy 1500 4x4 did the same thing. It would act like it shifted into neutral when it would up shift to 4th gear. I thought it was my tcase at first but after running it through 4 hi 4 low then back to 2 wheel drive it was still wasnt going into 4th gear.

Michigan_LMM

Nov 10, 2016
Mid Michigan
I manually put my transfer case in 2wd and have driven it so I know that it is the problem and also the lights on the 4wd knob do not light up but I tested the switch to be sure it wasn’t part of the problem