Trans upgrades

Intel2you

Apr 7, 2021
I got a late 2006 6speed allison 1000pts from a short bus was behided a 5.9 cummins with around 200k miles worked and shifted good i opened it up to check it out just a little ware on c3 clutches (no burning just loss of clutch surfaces) im transplanting it to a 05 f350 on 35's with a 300hp to 350hp dt360 &will not be giving it anymore hp.
Now im in information overload been looking for the trans upgrades for weeks now i just want to upgrade the c3 to more clutches for now & the c3 oiler and do the valvebody upgrades and pump upgrades (shims or springs) but some say use the jr kit others say mike l. Could someone maybe tell me witch parts i should grab
Thanks.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Call Evan at Inglewood transmission. He will set you up with the right parts and instructions to do it right

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you aren't wanting to go full build, you can upgrade the C3 to a 5 friction clutch pack without doing any other modifications with aftermarket frictions and steels which is 1 more than stock and will be better material. I would also recommend doing a RatioTek PR valve spring or at least a shim with the stock spring and modding the converter valve for no cut back when the converter locks. I would also do the transgo trim valves with Mike's springs. All that and a good converter will make a good transmission at that power level.

Reactions: OleBlackyLBZ

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Evan won't sell partial kits plus all kits are on hold as there are no clutches available unless you want crap.

Intel2you

Apr 7, 2021
Evan won't sell partial kits plus all kits are on hold as there are no clutches available unless you want crap.
I have the c3 clutches 6 with new piston i just need to know what kits ie a transgo jr or something else for what should be done in valvebody and what kit to put in the pump just a shim kit or spring kit or is there a mike l kit in your stuff that i should look for? There is just to many post saying use this use that that i dont know what to use im more lost then when i started. Put the stuff in is the easy part lol knowing what to use after a week of reading is the hard part lol

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I wouldn't use a high pressure regulator spring and modified TCC valve with a stock converter as the clutch won't take it and converter can balloon.

Intel2you

Apr 7, 2021
I wouldn't use a high pressure regulator spring and modified TCC valve with a stock converter as the clutch won't take it and converter can balloon.
I have a triple disk with billet back plate not sure the brand came from ca conversations they said it was 500hp and 1000ft touqre got same time i bought the controller