Trans redone

carhauler

Oct 20, 2009
Well if anyone has a question about who to have do a trans Mike L is the guy!! Got my truck back today, he did a complete overhaul with a triple disc convertor and whatever other magic stuff he does, had a slight glitch with the valve body and now all the HP from the Kennedy tune is getting to the ground as it had a internal leak and the convertor now works properly , I would have never known it wasn't right but what a difference , its like a new truck all over again except this one runs awesome and shifts perfect. Thanks Mike!!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Well if anyone has a question about who to have do a trans Mike L is the guy!! Got my truck back today, he did a complete overhaul with a triple disc convertor and whatever other magic stuff he does, had a slight glitch with the valve body and now all the HP from the Kennedy tune is getting to the ground as it had a internal leak and the convertor now works properly , I would have never known it wasn't right but what a difference , its like a new truck all over again except this one runs awesome and shifts perfect. Thanks Mike!!

We had a problem with a cracked valve body. No codes except a p1898 code ( if I remember correctly ) which was a slipping code. Never saw that code before. The problem got worse as more miles were put on the truck. Finally found the crack with a magnifying glass. New valve body made the truck come alive. Just another tricky day.:D

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
We had a problem with a cracked valve body. No codes except a p1898 code ( if I remember correctly ) which was a slipping code. Never saw that code before. The problem got worse as more miles were put on the truck. Finally found the crack with a magnifying glass. New valve body made the truck come alive. Just another tricky day.:D

You seem to be having a lot of head scratchers coming your way lately.

carhauler

Oct 20, 2009
Iv'e had this truck for 259,000 miles now and the 2 best things Iv'e done were a kennedy tune ( I think the dpf fell off as well) and Mikes trans, honestly I cannot imagine a better working combo and Kennedy's tune was vastly improved with the trans working right. Mike said you will be surprised how it runs but I was REALLY surprised, the trans shifts really quick & solid with no harsh feel at all and it really makes a difference when you stand on it a little bit, I do have a feeling it will be a handful in the rain. I was thinking about a new truck but now this one will stay around for a good long time.

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
Almost anyone can install new clutches-- takes a pro to fix problems with an Allison.
Have about 8k on my Mike L trans-- no leaks and shift great.

carhauler

Oct 20, 2009
Mike, I have not connected in a long while , got a 2019 L5P have had it since August of 19 , had a DPF clog to where it would not run , spun 2 mains and got a complete motor in Jan. of this year and now the trans is leaking and slipping !! This must be a Friday truck, good thing its warranty , bad thing is its warranty and I can't have you build it !! Damn ! I may not keep this one but if I go past Warranty you will see me!