Trans or electrical issue?

Robert763

Jul 16, 2021
I have 2001 2500 with about 125k miles. Had trans rebuilt about 5k miles ago. Occasionally after driving awhile and I stop for fuel or something quick, when I go to leave truck won’t go into any gear. Like it’s in neutral. I turn off, pull keys then restart and it’s fine. Also brake and ABS light will come on and recycling ignition fixes that too. Any ideas?

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
Both of those point to internal transmission issues (trans pressure switch B/E stuck) which could indicate electrical connections. Check the bulkhead connector on the trans, check for fluid in the connector. Also unplug/reseat the connectors on the TCM.

If the gear selector indicator under the PRND321 happens to be disappearing, start by replacing the NSBU first.

Robert763

Jul 16, 2021
Both of those point to internal transmission issues (trans pressure switch B/E stuck) which could indicate electrical connections. Check the bulkhead connector on the trans, check for fluid in the connector. Also unplug/reseat the connectors on the TCM.

If the gear selector indicator under the PRND321 happens to be disappearing, start by replacing the NSBU first.
Ok thanks.