Trans go Jr in a 5 speed

dirtboy726

victim of diesel hotrodery
Mar 13, 2010
nova scotia, canada
Hello everyone.
Question.
I am Pulling my trans soon for an extension housing swap. This is a 2003 with a Suncoast converter and supposedly "built"trans, going to do a couple things while it is out. I have a ratio Tek kit for it. And Mike's trim springs.

I have trans go jr sitting on my shelf. Depending where you look it lists the Jr from 01-10 or from 06-10(6speed). Just wondering if there would be any benefit to putting it in( or if it will even work). I have no idea on build details on this trans or what is done to it internally. It has an NADP tag on it but when contacted they had no idea on build details on a trans that old.

Will it work?
Is it worth it?

Just a tow pig on 35's but I want it to work as good as possible.

Thanks in advance guys

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
if it a properly built transmission it should already have the equivalent "TransGo" kit in it

dirtboy726

victim of diesel hotrodery
Mar 13, 2010
nova scotia, canada
I completely agree. But not having any info on it is the downfall. I guess I should have also asked if there is a way to tell if it already had one installed.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I completely agree. But not having any info on it is the downfall. I guess I should have also asked if there is a way to tell if it already had one installed.

if you are worried about that, you ought to take the whole thing apart to see what clutches it has and inspect them. Might be best just to call Evan up and order a kit from him.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
If it's a built trans it has the full TransGo kit in it. So the TransGo JR is already installed because they are the same kit except for the C2 piston mod. My trim springs will make it shift better along with the Ratiotek spring. Do not use the shim and make sure you drill out the bell housing hole with provided drill bit. If you have questions call me.

Reactions: Bdsankey

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
If it's a built trans it has the full TransGo kit in it. So the TransGo JR is already installed because they are the same kit except for the C2 piston mod. My trim springs will make it shift better along with the Ratiotek spring. Do not use the shim and make sure you drill out the bell housing hole with provided drill bit. If you have questions call me.

^ this.

That's what we do in every one of my transmissions that get installed/sold to customers (Jr, I don use the C2 mods) and I have absolutely zero complaints.