Trans Build Sugestions

mopar3

Aug 16, 2017
I have a 2007 LBZ with the basic mods and dsp5. Makes 550hp 1000ftlbs give or take. Trans is stock with transgo and needs some help. It is not smoked but has limped a few times. Converter or clutches will sometimes chatter if you roll into it on the highway. So what do I really for a build parts wise. I have the tools to do this trans. Did trans work for dodge for 25yrs. So I'm sure I can take it apart and put it together. What is the best bang for buck to do this? I have been looking at the kit that Limitless has and its not cheap. Would a PPI stage 4 be an equivalent option?

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
IMO the ppe kit is no where near the quality of Evan @ Limitless. I would call Evan. He will be able to answer any and all questions you might have. I do know that these transmissions are WAY different then any Dodge trans you will have built in the past. I'm not saying you aren't capable and it's impossible to do your self but clearences and correct pressure mods are key to making it last.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
ill 3rd the Limitless kit, i have about 32k miles on mine, been great, had one small issue way after it was built, Evan helped me to get it figured out, i want to say its been 4 years? since the trans was done, still going strong

mopar3

Aug 16, 2017
Once the trans is done. Will it defuel less as it runs through the gears? Is the defuel strategy adaptive based on how well the trans holds?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
TQ management is adaptive when slip occurs. Power will be pulled back. The later the model truck, the more TQ management will pull power. On the LML the power will be pulled back if your tire pressure sensor throws a code.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
TQ management is adaptive when slip occurs. Power will be pulled back. The later the model truck, the more TQ management will pull power. On the LML the power will be pulled back if your tire pressure sensor throws a code.
LML torque management is brutal...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

mopar3

Aug 16, 2017
So what about my 2007 it seems to defuel a lot 3-4-5 shifts. After building the trans and doing a reset will it hold better and defuel less?