Tranny acts like its in neutral

AKDuramaxgirl

Dec 7, 2019
Soldotna, Alaska
Hey guys, My 2002 duramax is having issues..... it will shift just fine for awhile but as soon as i come to a stop and try to go forward it acts like its in neutral, it will go in reverse but not forward in neither 2H or 4H, it will move forward in 4L, I have replaced the nsbu switch and the output speed sensor, my transfer case fluid looks pretty dark, would that cause this issue i'm having? I can use all the advice i can get. Its been throwing random codes and when i clear them they don't come back, p0700, 722, 776,500, after i changed the output speed sensor and cleared the codes, the test drive came back with p0700 and p0747. thank you for any help you can give me. I greatly appreciate it.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Hey guys, My 2002 duramax is having issues..... it will shift just fine for awhile but as soon as i come to a stop and try to go forward it acts like its in neutral, it will go in reverse but not forward in neither 2H or 4H, it will move forward in 4L, I have replaced the nsbu switch and the output speed sensor, my transfer case fluid looks pretty dark, would that cause this issue i'm having? I can use all the advice i can get. Its been throwing random codes and when i clear them they don't come back, p0700, 722, 776,500, after i changed the output speed sensor and cleared the codes, the test drive came back with p0700 and p0747. thank you for any help you can give me. I greatly appreciate it.

Code: P0747
Modules: TCM
Description: Clutch Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid 1 - Stuck On

How many miles on the truck? Is the trans stock or built? How long has it been since you've changed the filters? How does the transmission fluid look? Transfer case fluid won't cause a P0747. P0700 is a generic code saying that the TCM told the ECM to turn the check engine light on. A user on Diesel Place had a very very similar issue (2 of the same codes you have) and it ended up being a bad solenoid.