Traction control/stabilitrak

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Anyone know how to permanently or temporarily disable these. Went to the track last night. Kept turning them off but they kept coming back on. It would launch hard out of the hole and fall right on it's face with the traction light blinking even with them turned off. I'd have to hit the button again and finish the run. Still ran 118mph. Only had one good launch it didn't mess up on, cut a 1.65 60' and blew a intercooler boot off right at the 1/8 mile. Still coasted to a 12.6 @ 76. Happy with the power but disappointed with the runs, want to get this figured out.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
If you hold the button for about 15 seconds does it disable both until you turn the key off?
It's keep telling me they are off, and the traction light is on the instrument cluster saying they are off. They aren't off tho, somehow it keeps pulling power. I just want a way to disable them that is a sure way

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
if long pressing the button doesn't work you could always unplug one of the abs wheel sensors. I think that would do it

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I would think BCM tuning. but haven't explored it in the ECM. being DRW mine doesn't have traction control but even then I don't remember seeing anything specific to traction control in the ECM or TCM tune. just torque limiters for gears. I think the request comes from the ABS and is sent to the TCM. you have to disable the ABS to stop the request. maybe pull the ABS fuse when racing

little more information in this thread

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
So if it is sent from the abs to the tcm, could I put a 3500 TCM tune in and not have it work? Or use a TCM tune from a older 06-07 that doesn't have it?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
worth a try. I think the TCM tune has the capability already built in but never receives the command on those models. I think it's the ABS tune that is different

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
id grap a tech2 and try flashing the abs module with the 3500 OS. Otherwise you will most likely need to find the yaw sensor for stabilitrack and put it on a switch to turn on and off. i plan to do that with mine cause the damn thing kicks the system back on after 35mph. that doesnt work well when you are trying to pull a trailer through sand....

Reactions: Bdsankey

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Is the stabilitrack part of the abs system? I saw a couple things about putting a switch on the fused link or just pulling the abs fuse like stated above. I'm not very familiar with how these systems work as this is the first truck I've had to deal with it on

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think all the info you need is in this thread. look for the post by Ben. he added stabilitrack to his rig so he posts all the requirements and signal paths, software, etc needed. I think based on what he stats, you may be able to either reflash the ABS with a non stabilitrack abs software. I have my doubts it will work through as they appear to be different hardware. or possibly a better route is to add a switch to the two PWM signal wires from the ABS to the TCM that cause it to pull power.

Reactions: juddski88

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
A lot of exceptionally intelligent people posted in that thread ^^^^

I wonder what happened to HeyMcCall? That guy was something else. He and Ben were two whose intelligence I greatly admired.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
A lot of exceptionally intelligent people posted in that thread ^^^^

I wonder what happened to HeyMcCall? That guy was something else. He and Ben were two whose intelligence I greatly admired.
too bad Ben doesn't post anything anymore. always found his input, ventures and knowledge inspiring. few others too but he seemed to have the most projects going on

Reactions: dndj