Torque android app with balance rate testing

Dave Shane

Sep 28, 2014
I google and searched a nice write up of an elm327 support wifi and iOS system,here share some exp.

Connect the ELM327 to your car.
On your iOS device, in the Settings, chose to connect to a Wi-Fi network. My ELM327 is called “CLKDevices” but your mileage may vary. It should be relatively easy to find out which one it is unless you’re in a very Wi-Fi heavy area, in which case you can just drive a bit down the road and see what name hasn’t disappeared.

Once connected to that Wi-Fi network, click the small blue arrow to go to the advanced settings for it. Set the IP Address to Static. Configure the IP address to 192.168.0.123 and the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0. Then, go back and exit the settings. Other guides/videos might tell you to configure an IP as a “router”. That is not only useless but annoying as it would mean your iPhone would attempt to join the Internet through your ELM327 and any data would not come through as it’s connected to your car. Don’t set a router.

Start your car. The OBD-II port was providing power to the ELM327 but in some cases you will not be able to retrieve any data from it if the car is not started.
In your App, configure the connection to use a custom TCP connection with IP 192.168.0.10 and TCP Port 35000.

I intended to go for a new mini one with switch
new-arrival-code-reader-diagnostic-tool-super-mini-elm-6.jpg

Vincode1

Vincode1
Aug 23, 2014
Nor-cal
I couldn't get my balance rates, then I found this from jbperkins on DF, and it worked for me.

Open your vehicle profile settings and under “Very Advanced – ELM 327 custom configuration string” enter atz

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Can anyone v tell me how to see my rail pressure on my 01? I've entered atz and can check balance rates. But no rail pressure

bigboybuilder

Nov 3, 2019
advanced settings put an ATZ in there. any one know of any other strings to put in there to read more?

Last edited:

bigboybuilder

Nov 3, 2019
ATZ brought my balance rates in line from like -300 (torque pro). I know this is an old post and I prefer to read the old posts instead of blurting out questions that I know the answer to if I just sit in a dark room for 30 seconds. BUT here goes are there any other initialization commands that can be sent for like throttle, oil pressure/trans temp there are quite a few PID's that show green in the list but display incorrect values.