Tires

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I got the ridge grapplers on today and holy hell does the truck ride so much better and they are silent.

Funny you say that
I asked my tire guy about them today while getting trailer tires and he said so far they are great!
I guess their pretty new design but time will tell
He also said the Mickey Thompson atz p3 are great tire but like mentioned are hevay, hard to balance and only get about 40k avg on 3/4 and 1ton trucks

Ps I need to figure something out with my welding rig because my last set only made it 12k

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Not sure about that statement it's nothing to balance a tire, Heard nothing but good about Mickey Thompson p3,s , plenty of guys who have gotten thousands upon thousands of miles out of them and they wear evenly , with little to no hum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more weight it takes to balance the lower quality the base materials, plus less QC. Once balanced the tires that require a lot of weight to balance quickly become unbalanced again resulting in a less than desireable ride unless you rotate and balance regularly. Which I clearly stated I do not...:spit:

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Most it took to balance these was .75, I’ve never got more than 30k out of a set of tires, I just want something that doesn’t get a flat every time I hit a gravel road and doesn’t feel like a D6 running down the road.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
The more weight it takes to balance the lower quality the base materials, plus less QC. Once balanced the tires that require a lot of weight to balance quickly become unbalanced again resulting in a less than desireable ride unless you rotate and balance regularly. Which I clearly stated I do not...:spit:

Yes I totally hear that I would figure being Mickey Thompsons the quality control would be very good on a tire like that, back in my days of doin tires I never felt comfortable tacking on anything over 3 ounces of weight some bigger tires would take 4 to 5 ounces which is ridiculous.
You guys got me thinking of getting a different tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselfan

Jul 2, 2013
Ga
4wheelonline.com
I run Wildpeak AT's on my truck right now. These Falken tires wear well and are quiet on the highway. So far, I have no complaints and will probably replace them with the same tire.

Last edited by a moderator: