Thinking maybe Nitrous

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
So I'm in the process of getting my new setup together, will be a SoCal motor, exergy 12mm stroker, exergy 100 over Lbz nozzles, sdp full billet trans and sdp 68mm 3794 and a billet s480 twins. My goal is to pull my fifth wheel to the track and then be able to bang off a Hail Mary 10.99.
I don't plan on caging this truck, and would like to run 11's for the rest of the trucks wannabe racing career. I'm thinking I won't have the air to pull a 10sec pass with this setup but I don't wanna go bigger as drivability would obviously suffer. Thinking nitrous is my best option, what kit are you guys having good luck with? I am new to nitrous not sure what size solenoid/nozzles I should be looking at?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I ran a Zex basic diesel nitrous kit, it was a WOT switch based off of TPS, never had a problem with it.

Or, you can go full retard like I did and hook the nitrous solenoid to the horn, then unplug the horn :D

as far as solenoids... a basic .125 noid should be plenty, then jet it down accordingly.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Haha never thought of using the horn, I was just gonna run a remote momentary switch. Your lucky nobody ever hooked that horn back up on you. Would've made for a pretty comical 1/4 mile pass with the horn on. What was your fuel, air setup? I'm thinking I will have quite a bit of smoke to clean up!

Wikid

Machinist and Know things
Oct 21, 2016
Texas
Boost, what all did SoCal do on your motor? I was also thinking of doing some nitrous but when I had the motor done it wasnt in my plans so the head studs may not hold it. How big of a shot you going to try?

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
They doing a build identical to yours except I went with a 3388 af cam ported heads and o ringed the block. Haven't really decided where I'm gonna start yet, probably just a 50 shot and go up from there until it either hits 10's or breaks :D

Wikid

Machinist and Know things
Oct 21, 2016
Texas
They doing a build identical to yours except I went with a 3388 af cam ported heads and o ringed the block. Haven't really decided where I'm gonna start yet, probably just a 50 shot and go up from there until it either hits 10's or breaks :D

did you go with the 625 headstuds tho?

Mine just has the arp 2000s with the oringed deck

Dont really wanna break mine again

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
I already had the 2000's so I reused those for this build hoping that they'll be ok with the o ring deck. Ya I really have no intentions of breaking things either but I really would love to hit that magic 10.99 and I can imagine that it will come with some broken pieces.

BHoward6.6

West Coast
Feb 9, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
Towing my 5th wheel to the track and running high 10's. This is why I love Diesel power.
My set up.
No nitrous.
SoCal stage 2 motor
Danville 72 with a SDP double Batmo 83
80% over injectors
dual stock cp3's
Marks tuning.
Around 7300lbs.
Still a daily driver.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
That's why I built a diesel, any swinging d$ck can make a 10 sec ls track queen:D but have had a couple hiccups in my tear down that resulted in me not getting the motor to SoCal as soon as I'd hoped. Hoping not to miss the complete race season, how long of a turn around time was it for you guys with SoCal?