LBZ: Think my ECM is bricked (any suggestions)

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Failed full flashing a modified McRat tune (removed EGR reporting since the EGR went missing and disabled VATS) and now I can't do anything with the ECM. I try to Full flash several tunes and get the following picture.

Have had issues in the past with flashing in the truck (which is where it happened) and the picture is from trying with my bench harness.

Any suggestions or information I should grab?

Attachments

• EFILiveBrick.jpg
    EFILiveBrick.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I would suggest updating your software and use V8 instead of V7.5 software.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Version 8 stops even quicker. It does not give me the chance to uncheck high speed (grayed out), unless I need to do it someplace else. Ive had EFI Live for over a decade, but I haven't really used it in 8 years...

As for other electronics getting in the way, this is currently using my bench harness, so there should be no interference.

Attachments

• EFILiveBrick3.jpg
    EFILiveBrick3.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 23

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I have a good used LBZ ECM if you end of needing one...

Thanks for the offer. I had issues in the past flashing (both with the Predator programmer I bought and then with EFI Live), so I bought a bench harness and spare ECM. I was able to get the truck up and running on a stock tune and the spare (just a check engine light now for EGR) so I'm able to drive it.

I'm hoping to be able to save this ECM, but if not I'll be looking to purchase another.

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Try loading the tune on the v2, then using the v2 to tune the ecm.
I don’t know why, but after one of the updates, I’m not able to tune vehicles using the laptop now. I have to load the tune to the SD card on the v2 and tune them that way now.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Try loading the tune on the v2, then using the v2 to tune the ecm.
I don’t know why, but after one of the updates, I’m not able to tune vehicles using the laptop now. I have to load the tune to the SD card on the v2 and tune them that way now.

Updated all Software, and Firmware to the latest versions. Enabled BBX and loaded several tunes on the V2. Tried Flashing different tunes (and got the following error).

Attachments

• EFILiveBrickV2.jpg
    EFILiveBrickV2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 36

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Update: I was finally able to load my old tune (the one that was in the truck before I tried flashing, will try the new one later and see what happens) by using the V2 with the ECM removed and the bench harness. The previous pic of the V2 was with the ECM in the truck.

THANK YOU for all the help and suggestions! Just glad the ECM was able to be fixed. :woott:

I'm thinking flashing in the truck is going to be a no-no from now on as there have been issues flashing with the handheld and EFI-Live at times.