The Bandwagon....

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
So this night #2 that I've quit chewing, smoking was much eachier....drinking a few beers makes it far harder, I want to get in the dually and go buy a can, but i wont.

Anyone else quiting?

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Quit smoking 6 weeks ago...haven't touched one since. First week was the hardest, now its gotten easier.

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
I just found a book on how safe dipping is, no joke!

But I still want to quit... Stupid grizzly

I think I may try the herbal dips along with patches, thats what Ive been reading about.

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
I chewed SKOAL......

Well here's your new dip!

5_gum.jpg

Atleast I like it pretty good... :)

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
You know whats messed up.well I'll tell'ya

In 1995 I quit smoking (cigs) for 10 YEARS!!! In 2005 I like a dumb ass I lit a cigar one night out riding and drinking. I smoked cigars for a little while and you guessed it led me back to cigs! I got to the point it was killing me literally. I got this cold and I was hacking so bad then I'd lite a cig and hack some more and I couldn't catch my breath!

On my way out the door from work I threw the lit cig in the hopper that was in July this year and I haven't smoked since again! I knew what to expect in quitting but it was harder this time then the first time. I aint going back no way man I hope NOT. Sucks it stinks it's nasty its gross but all the cool kids do it! :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Quit smoking 6 weeks ago...haven't touched one since. First week was the hardest, now its gotten easier.

In 6 weeks you have it kicked. At this point it's the habit part the reach for the cig that aint there anymore and you remind yourself you don't smoke any more.

Way better food taste better you can smell things better sometimes that isn't a good thing. :rofl:

The money Marlboro's are $8+ bucks here. I was smoking nasty ass Pallmall Orange cause they were cheaper.

Look at the price of cigs in NY. WOW!

http://www.theawl.com/2012/06/pack-of-cigarettes-cost

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
You can do it!!! The hardest thing about quitting chewing for me was the long drives with no dip, I started chewing gum or tooth picks, Its mind over matter at this point!!!! You got this, also beef jerky and sunflower seeds can help too.

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
i find it physically impossible to work on trucks, mow my yard, or drive for over 45 minutes with out a pinch of copenhagen.

Iv tried.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I've quit chewing before... For a few months at a time... Then slowly start up again. I think the reason I have allowed it is because I only have 1-2 dips per day (can't at work, and only like to chew if I've eaten something)

Good luck,what I've found is that you have to want to quit... Not just because you know you "need" to quit.. It's got to be a deal where you really don't want to do it anymore. And don't let your dark side talk you into it being ok to just have one here and there.... Just once in a while lol! Because it won't stay that way!

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
No one else??

I quit smoking easy, compared to chew.....

If you were still chewing than you never really quit. I quit smoking about 4 years ago even though I thought I would never be able to. I always made excuses to smoke stress,bad day ect when in reality smoking a cigarette never helped a thing. I can't think of one time I smoked a cigarette and walla the stress was gone and the day was wonderfull. I came to the realization that I was being weak minded and a p???y. I finally said to myself if you can come up with one legitamate reason to smoke then you can but if not your quiting. Needless to say I couldnt come up with one.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
It's nasty it stinks doesn't even taste good but I love it :hug: good luck buddy

Thats encouraging! :roflmao:

So true about the want to quit! You have to want to no one can tell you or suggest it or anything in between. If you get pissed off and decide Your done you can do it! weening off didn't work for me cold turkey is the only way. Believe me I smoked to way to much!

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I need to quit drinking so much coke. Or as the northerners call it "pop".
I'm convinced caffeine is extremely addicting and MT.Dew is soooooo good

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I never did the chew thing explain how do you chew and eat something? I picture you sitting there with a big lump between your lip and gum and say a bowl of spaghetti and meat-ta-balls in front of you how do you not end up swallowing the tobacco?

Then I thought you were suppose to spit not swallow which is a whole nother subject really! :D

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I have three guys I work and in ten years of knowing them all three had tried to quit multp times and failed at doing so all of them are single guys that party and hit the bars 3-4 times a week so not the best combo for stoping. After one of them went to the doc and got on the pills that help you stop and he quit the first week of takeing them and did not even finish the scrip for the pills. After that the other two went to the doc for the pills and stopped smoking.
For the last two years two are smoke free and the third only smoke cigars when he golfs on the weekends. All three said within the first few days the want to smoke was gone.
I dont know if it works for chew but you might want to look into it and like has been said before gum sunflower seeds hard candy and tooth picks are your friends.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Smoking is harder to quit imo. I gave up dip for awhile but back with it to try and ease of cigerettes. All it takes is a few beers and I almost have to smoke. It's tough Forsure.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2