The 20-20 Tow Tune, a tutorial:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Thanks for the tune! Much appriciated! Now that was a good way to break the ice for me! I could prob use some tweaks to it for me cause im runnin 50% extrudehone nozzles and a modded CP3. Any have any super-econ tunes for LB7's? If so what do i change since the big injectors? Lota guys getting better MPG bith big tunes drivin soft though?
Thanks in Advance! Chris

theicon2u

Feb 1, 2008
I've got a mild/tow tune for the LMM, let me know if you need any help...

Thanks ill take you up on that!! Man I cant stop looking at your avator. there is something about that girl that i just cant help!!

Last edited:

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
What if i were to put 30% or 40% in b0721 would that still be safe.

for a stock trans, i don't think so. also make sure your guys are not adding much if any to the top half of the table. 720 and 721. this will make your idle very sloppy. same goes for timing. i personally won't change timing from 0-15mm3 over to like 800-1000 rpm. this way it idles good and all.

LLY

Diesel Addict
Apr 24, 2008
Idaho
Ok,I have a built trans,but I am just trying to make like a 100/120hp tow tune with very low EGTs

robbs05lly

Feb 8, 2009
That would be a tune I sure would want. Can a turbo brake tune be made. Also more boost at low rpm for towing would sure help.

Duracopter

<-LBZ Project
Oct 29, 2009
Little Rock, AR
Just done this tune today and it works great! could be stronger for my likeing, but is a great base to start off on. I was running a programmer with a 50hp tune, and this tune is deffinently stronger, don't know how much, but going to the dyno in march! "Pat" i was the one that called Kat today about it but we figured it out. Thanks:thumb:

ImpalaMax

Apr 4, 2011
Safford AZ
Ok I know this thread is more than a year old but I had a few questions. My buddy has a lly and im talking him into efi live but before he drops the cash for dsp5 he wants to try a tow tune out. Would this be a good dd and tow tune for around 15k?
Thanks

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Ok I know this thread is more than a year old but I had a few questions. My buddy has a lly and im talking him into efi live but before he drops the cash for dsp5 he wants to try a tow tune out. Would this be a good dd and tow tune for around 15k?
Thanks

20% over fuel is easily manageable when towing, but make sure he has guages and watches his EGT on a long grade. I know that I have found that a good tow tune will run cooler than a stock tune though. I'm running a 15% over tow tune on my LB7 with the timing set at 50%, and teh EGT's on it are a good 100 degrees cooler than stock was. Even my daily driver 40% tune only runs about 50 degrees hotter than a stock tune did. GM was way to low I think on the timing and made it so that too much heat was going out the exhaust with the 0 timing they liked so much.