Taming a 3794

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Guys, or danville folks. I use to use my truck for alot more play, now i tow skid steers, dump trailers and mini excavators. i need to calm down the whistle and back off the noise. send me in the right direction...

and as brad sankey suggested adding another turbo. no lol its a work truck now and i need it to be quieter for residential work. Can anybody give me some good suggestions as far as mufflers or resonators. thanks fellas

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Say what????????? Why would I switch back to a stock turbo? I didn't say the performance is bad, I just can't be so loud in residential areas

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Say what????????? Why would I switch back to a stock turbo? I didn't say the performance is bad, I just can't be so loud in residential areas
I said nothing about the performance. It's hard to get rid of the whistle of a 10 blade turbine wheel. I guess you can put a stock muffler back on it.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Guys, or danville folks. I use to use my truck for alot more play, now i tow skid steers, dump trailers and mini excavators. i need to calm down the whistle and back off the noise. send me in the right direction...

and as brad sankey suggested adding another turbo. no lol its a work truck now and i need it to be quieter for residential work. Can anybody give me some good suggestions as far as mufflers or resonators. thanks fellas
Well if you want to tow better, lower egts and quiet the exhaust, compounds will do a lot. I used to have people say my truck was too loud even with a muffler, now the engine/fan is the loudest thing.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Going back to the original question without doing the compound routine, you could get your tuner to make one of your tunes be basically a Fixed vane tune, you would lose spool Time but wouldn't have the high pitch sound for whenever you wanted it. The other options would be to do the biggest muffler you can find and always have your truck sound stock.

Reactions: Yngdmax92

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
It's an extended cab so idk how much of a muffler I could fit. Probably a 30in jobber. I'll have to look around. Thanks fellas.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’d put either the biggest muffler you can find or the longest FTE resonator you can put where the muffler would go. Then a 12” Flo Pro Twister as far forward as you can get in the system. Mines at the back of the pipe that attaches to the down pipe.

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
I get more engine noise than anything with compounds but theyre both Borgs, no VGT. Even with a stack on the highway its pretty reasonable as far as noise goes. I can still talk at a normal tone.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
As others have said, the biggest resonator/twister setup you can get will be your best bet or you can always go compounds. The amount of whistle an atmospheric S400 takes out of a VGT/S400 setup is kind of crazy IMO.

Reactions: Yngdmax92

bimmer95

Mar 15, 2019
Morgantown Pennsylvania
I put a 30 inch flopro flow through on my extended cab it fit in nice..don't know how much vgt whistle it will take care of but it sure toned down the lb7/single s300 racket for me

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Just installed the flowmaster -hushpower. Absolutely no whistle and it's got a nice tone! Absolutely incredible! Thanks mark! Much appreciated.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You can tone down the whistle under light throttle pretty easy with tuning and not lose performance. It fixed that banchee screaming whistle while "idling" through my neighborhood. Not much more you can do once your in the boost then what you have done.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
The hush power did the trick. Excatly what I was looking for. It didnt totally get rid of it, but I can drive around neighbor hoods or past state police and not everyone staring at me anymore lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)