Take-Offs

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
So I'm picking up a set of 2012 Siverado 2500 wheels/tires from CL. The tires rode from the dealer, to the guy's house where he pulled them off and lifted the truck. They have been sitting ever since. Will I need new tires or am I ok using these?

Thanks

graystonelbz

Jul 20, 2007
Prior Lake,MN
I would think the tires should be ok. I do believe the bolt pattern is different on those trucks tho so you'll need wheel adapters if I'm not mistaken. You probably are already aware of that, just throwin it out there.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Michelin's are NOTORIOUS for coming apart at anything over 5 years old. It's your call, but I would watch them CLOSELY! And storing them indoors can be just as bad or sometimes worse. I remember years back somebody I know had a tire durometer, and he said tires stored in atticks were always the worst about hardening. He said it would be weird though because the part that air didn't touch would be good, the rest junk. Tires need to be stored so oxygen doesn't contact them to preserve them.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
So it wasn’t really an attic, so much as an upper level inside a warehouse. There is no cracking, and they are not browning. I will watch them. I’m more worried about the spacers. I’m gonna need new lug nuts for the wheels but will the stock lugs Work in the spacers? Thanks for the advice.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
If you bought decent spacers they will come with lug nuts, the factory ones are most likely too long and too wide for the spacers

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I don’t think tires give you a warning when they’re going to fall apart, but yea keep an eye on them :spit:

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
Installed, driven 250+ miles on highway and logging roads/washboard gravel hell and no vibration, shimmy, or anomaly. Had to trim the front bumper and will have to pound in the back of the driver side wheel well a bit, but no stock ride height and it looks and rides great.

Pics to come.

I also have to get GMC center caps. The bowties are driving me nuts.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
d09884186798cc8c770f3c330b16931c.jpg

Done. Driven. Light towing.

Thanks to all!