Synthetic Fluid

jeramoosh

Sep 17, 2006
Harrisonville, PA.
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with Royal Purple or Mobil 1 tranny fluids? Getting ready to change my fliud over to synthetic and these 2 are both availible off the shelf locally. Or am i better off to order transynd or amsoil torque drive?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
TRANSYND! It isnt out of sight price wise, and it was solely designed to be run in the Allison's.

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
We run royal purple motor oil.Dad runs royal purple in his tranny and motor. Tranny dont get as hot and it seems to run very good in the motor. When we get are tranny we will be running royal purple in it and the rearend also hope this helps

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I have no experience with the purple so I can't say. Amsoil and TranSynd are the benchmarks and Transgo gives the nod to Amsoil. Mobil 1 is great stuff but not in the aforementioned group.

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
I filled mine with RP after the first drain, around 10k. When I swapped out the pan for a Mag-hytec (around 15k) I refilled with M1 and then ran that until it was built, around 40k IIRC. No problems with either. I currently just have dino dex III in it, but will be flushing out to M1 soon.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
What do you guys think about Mobil's syn engine oil? I THINK its 5w40. I can get it in bulk in town but it still costs about as much as it would to have Amsoil shipped here. The Mobil guy says its for the newer diesel engines but I'm not so sure? :dontknow:
Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I have the Mobil HD ATF also.....I dont want to use the stuff if its not labeled for our trucks!

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
I change my oil to frequently to justify the cost of synthetic engine oil. I would like to run 5-40, but I haven't seen any in dino. My diffs and t-case have M1 in them too.