Switch on the fly LML tuning.

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know
My understanding was that the hardware required just to be able to "see" the tune files cost over $10K alone.

That was a huge.... bluff everyone was spouting at the beginning. I don't know if it was because they were trying to scare everyone from trying or what. But $10K.... yeah for the BOSCH setup. A capable setup can definitely be had for MUCH less than that. And if you're really desperate and cheap, you can get all the stuff to do it for around $100. :roflmao:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Simply because I can never leave anything alone. And I know this summer it's gonna get a built tranny and cp3 swap. Then I belive twins will be in its future.

Hey more power to ya, I have a dsp5 I mine but only really use the top 2. I don't see the big deal with having to do a flash if you know you're hauling a big load or whatever.

And if you're doing that much upgrading, and maybe not all at once, I'd go with Tony @ RidgeRunner

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
That was a huge.... bluff everyone was spouting at the beginning. I don't know if it was because they were trying to scare everyone from trying or what. But $10K.... yeah for the BOSCH setup. A capable setup can definitely be had for MUCH less than that. And if you're really desperate and cheap, you can get all the stuff to do it for around $100. :roflmao:

Doesn't even matter....does it? Kory is the one ROFLHAO all the way to the bank. What is cost him to figure it out is irrelevant.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Hey more power to ya, I have a dsp5 I mine but only really use the top 2. I don't see the big deal with having to do a flash if you know you're hauling a big load or whatever.

And if you're doing that much upgrading, and maybe not all at once, I'd go with Tony @ RidgeRunner

I have one also in my lmm that only ever sees tune 5 and drives on and off the trailer..lol just think flashing with with my v2 all the time would get old.

I'd like to get Tony's tuning. Hoping he releases a switch on the fly tune set.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Doesn't even matter....does it? Kory is the one ROFLHAO all the way to the bank. What is cost him to figure it out is irrelevant.

You also have to relise many guys stepped down once the epa busted edge and h&s the last go around. Many tuners are not taking the risk of offering deletes anymore. Its like selling cocaine. Lots of money but when it ends you are fawked. Its not all Kory. He has some smart people he is working with.

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
You also have to relise many guys stepped down once the epa busted edge and h&s the last go around. Many tuners are not taking the risk of offering deletes anymore. Its like selling cocaine. Lots of money but when it ends you are fawked. Its not all Kory. He has some smart people he is working with.

RIGHT! And sounds like more is on the horizon. :(

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So bumping this up. Is altering the fuel temp still the only way to do dsp or lsp or whatever you call it or have things evolved over the last 18 months?

LML6600DMAX

Dec 9, 2015
I had switch on the fly on my truck for a little while. I prefer the single tunes. Doesn’t take but 2 mins to switch if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I had switch on the fly on my truck for a little while. I prefer the single tunes. Doesn’t take but 2 mins to switch if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except on the new ones when the ecm bricks...

My 15 was towed in several times for a complete power train reflash bc the ecu locked itself down. They are finicky suckers...

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
My switch on the fly from ppei always threw a check engine light.. Maf sensor performance to high or something.. So I've just been running his 150 single tune with no lift pump lol..

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I ended up going with a single heavy tow tune. But here in a month or so once my engine build is complete for it, I have tossed around the thought of updating to switch on the fly tuning.

603duramaxlml2014

Dec 12, 2020
I suppose this might be something I'm purely over looking, I was curious with lml trucks. The fuel temp sensor is removed from the cp4 an zip tied out of the way when cp3 converted. My truck is cp3 converted so I suppose I was thinking if it's changing fuel temp would it not be an option for my truck? Thanks
I would like to kno aswell I just installed cp3

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I personally avoid SOTF tuning for LMLs. They are not the same as 01-10 trucks with separate tables for each position meaning that on LML table are shared across each "position". In my experience a single tune file has provided better driving/performing trucks vs SOTF tuned trucks.

Reactions: diesel-max

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I was told that the new sotf uses 40 tables, anybody use this newer tuning yet? Sounds like it would perform better than the older type.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Who would know the answer to this question?
I had a customer absolutely request SOTF over single flash files last week. I still won’t ever recommend SOTF. It does nothing better and doesn’t give the response/usability of single flash files.

As for table counts, I couldn’t tell you as I’m not a calibrator.