Swapping nozzles

jedenbeck

Aug 11, 2015
What’s everyone’s opinion on just swapping nozzles and reinstalling injectors. I have some lower mine 60% injectors I’m considering swapping to 100s. They are about a year and half old. Less then 15k on them. I’m thinking of doing it to lower my pulse, timing Etc. I know a lot of people like to get them flowed tested etc

How bad is it to swap nozzles?

Last edited:

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I've done alot of reading on this topic because I would like to do the same thing as you but I'd be going for 45's or 60's. If you do some searches on this forum, I am 99 percent sure others have stated that going up 100's is the limit they would mess with. I say pull the trigger on it.

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
I wish I would have done 's to begin with, but thought 45's would be good. Should have listened to their suggestions. Now ,always want more...
I second the 100's
Sub'd

jedenbeck

Aug 11, 2015
Hind site I would I had if done 100s instead of these 60s. I’m pushing these harder and further then I had ever planed I’m honestly. I got a price from someone to send my 60s and get made into 100s. Price is a good bit over just nozzles and doing it myself. I’m not sure what I’m going to do just yet.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
The only thing your going to pick up by going to 100s with your current setup is safer on the engine. Right now your 10mm is your limiting factor. We’ve been mid 10s and put down 1000whp like many others have on 60s.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I've swapped my own nozzles a couple times. Biggest I did was 120's and they were okay. Never really had any trouble or poor performance/balance rates with the ones I done.

jedenbeck

Aug 11, 2015
The only thing your going to pick up by going to 100s with your current setup is safer on the engine. Right now your 10mm is your limiting factor. We’ve been mid 10s and put down 1000whp like many others have on 60s.

That’s the only reason I want to switch to 100s is to be “safer” on the engine. I feel like I maybe pushing theses 60s to hard to get the power I’m making/wanting. Idk :dontknow:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Shouldnt one of you guys who has done a set in the past explain the procedure to him (and the rest of us)?
What to look out for, tips to make the jobn easier, special tools, etc?
IIRC, arent there little "pucks" inside the injectors you have to watch out for?

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I’d swap them, but not to 100s. Go 150% nozzles on current bodies. Swapping to 100s would be wasting time and money for the little drop in uS and timing* you’ll see compared to the current 60s. 150s will put you in a little better safer zone to keep those stock pistons happier for the time being. Plus 150s can be cleaned up very very nice for street driving.

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
Shouldnt one of you guys who has done a set in the past explain the procedure to him (and the rest of us)?
What to look out for, tips to make the jobn easier, special tools, etc?
IIRC, arent there little "pucks" inside the injectors you have to watch out for?

^^^This is very important!!!!^^^ The little puck is the size of a pinhead and easy to lose if you are not paying attention. It can stick to the nozzle when you separate from the injector and fall...almost impossible to find if you drop it.