swaping over

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
swapping my puller over to zf and a manual tcase everyone I know has swapped a zf keeps their push button tcase what all is involved? I have a floor shift case is it plug and play with the OS of the truck changed?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
You wont be able to retain 4-low with the push-button transfer case if you swap to a ZF6 OS, eliminate the TCM, and do it the "correct" way.

If you want to keep 4wd low with a push-button transfer case on a ZF6, you'll have to keep the TCM wired up, keep the Allison OS, with a dummy NSBU wired in so the transfer case control module will get a "neutral" flag from the TCM, allowing you to shift to 4wd low.

Easier/simpler/better to just swap to a ZF6 OS, and swap to manual transfer case.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
You wont be able to retain 4-low with the push-button transfer case if you swap to a ZF6 OS, eliminate the TCM, and do it the "correct" way.

If you want to keep 4wd low with a push-button transfer case on a ZF6, you'll have to keep the TCM wired up, keep the Allison OS, with a dummy NSBU wired in so the transfer case control module will get a "neutral" flag from the TCM, allowing you to shift to 4wd low.

Easier/simpler/better to just swap to a ZF6 OS, and swap to manual transfer case.

that's what I'm doing and asking.Everyone I know left their push button tcase in i'm gonna go to a floor shift...so its just bolt it in and swap to a zf OS?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
If I understand correctly there is some wiring involved. Can't just flash in a zf o.s. because it needs to see a clutch pedal switch signal to allow the engine to turn over. Maybe Ben can verify this because I don't know for certain.

dieselpro55

Puller
Dec 16, 2008
Just tie off the nsbu somewhere, drill some holes in the firewall, get a good input shaft and keep it in direct, call me I would be glad to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk