Suncoast or ATS upgrade with Co-pilot?

Leo

Aug 29, 2006
Pell Lake, WI
One of my friends with an '06 LBZ is thinking about upgrading his trans to a Suncoast or ATS and was wondering if the Co-Pilot he already he has hooked up would still be beneficial, or if it is unneeded and he should just sell it. Anyone have any thoughts? I really didn't know what to tell him as I have never really looked into the Co-Pilot at all.

Thanks in advance for any input!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
my understanding is it will be a nice addition to his built trans. I don't think I'd sell it, not yet anyways. (apparently there are things in the works that may be able to perform as well as the copolit for racing applications, in which the copilot would end up obsolete.) ;)

C-ya

SBCNX20

Aug 7, 2006
Central MA
Not so sure about that I dont think they do much for oiling mods on the basic trans

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You would be suprised to see what's in some of the ATS extreme's. I have looked at a bunch.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Chit.
LEO, I'm not trying to hijack....
I know I have one of the earlier models of the "Extreme". It was actually one of the earlier Stage V's. Is there something I should maybe be doing, like a transgo? I have the OLD Copilot also---like when they first came out. When I first start it in the morning it makes a loud clunk and the truck jerks backwards just a bit...I figured it was the pump getting oil to the TC... :dontknow:

SBCNX20

Aug 7, 2006
Central MA
I have the V also, a little under 2 yrs old and it doesnt like (N20) the 3-4 shift has gone away .... it seems like its a soft shift and then it seems to kinda pull the engine down ([slowly] almost like the converter is unlocked) just before the 4-5 shift then bang a perfect 4-5 shift. Any Ideas?

Last edited:

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
:dontknow:

213117.jpg

sq_213207.jpg

SBCNX20

Aug 7, 2006
Central MA
I think, but not sure on clutch material? When I drain fluid it should be JUST fluid right? Exactly what does clutch material look like in my (burnt) fluid? What I dont understand is no limp mode???????????????????? Or any codes. Very odd ,all I know is warranty is up in OCT and im worried now!!!!

Last edited: