LLY: Stuck open injector?

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
So finally got the truck back up and running after fire damage to engine harnesses. Then short wrecking main harness. Driving good and running good. Put a hundred or so Km’s on it. Only codes are for egr delete that’s not tuned. Going down the highway started to knock and smoke so pulled over barely running. Towed it home still no relevant codes. Fired it back up pulled injector pigtails off one by one. Cleaned up but knock was still kinda there. Pulled third one back on passenger side and it died. How do I properly go about diagnosing faulty injector or ficm. I’ve ice picked injector harness. Looked over harness behind ficm. Didn’t have a meter with me so will do that next weekend when I’m home is resistance test all wiring. How do I go about finding faulty injector or ficm failure? Truck is a 2005 gmc 2500hd stock tuning no chip. Any info I can provide I will if needed.
41e5a49bbe7591b8cce5dad130e8da02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Pull the line and cap the rail

That is to verify what injector is bad. Can you tell me what thread cap the injectors lines are so I can pick one up. It’s not near me or I’d check. Been a while since I had them off.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Im not aware of a cap you can buy. I just used an old fuel line, cut it and weld the line end shut.

That makes sense. I’ll talk to a local guy that parts them and pick one up.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Does it knock all the time? If it does you may be able to pull the glow plugs and see which one is spitting out raw fuel.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Does it knock all the time? If it does you may be able to pull the glow plugs and see which one is spitting out raw fuel.

Yup knocks constant and puffs smoke. Ficm is making a hum ignition on not running. I’ll try removing one glow plug at a time and starting to find injector.