stock trans DSP5 LB7 tune

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I wondered the same thing, so I found the original OS for this tune, made it into a DSP5, and then created a script. I then opened up the 6006 firmware that is supposed to be THE one to run, and upgraded it into DPS5 format and then ran the script. As far as I can tell it worked properly.

Any chance I can post and get The Ferm to check it?

I took this tune for all but the final setting 5 on the DSP. For that one I subbed in an agressive tune from The Ferminator that was uploaded here. The top setting is arguably not stock tranny safe, so beware if you try to run this.

Feedback would be really helpful, if someone would be so kind... especially ferm since I learned everything that I did here by reading his posts :)
I would set the pilot timing back to LB7 instead of LLY. Also I wouldn't go using the throttle based of an LLY overlayed to an LB7. It makes it very peeky i na few spots along with poor throttle control. The first thing I do to an LLY is ditch there throttle based table and use a modified LB7 table. I have had nothign but praise about the different throttle based tables, and comments about how they can now control the throttle. Your 1950 on the big tune is pushing it on a stock trans IMO. What is teh biggest danger to the trans espescially with a DSP5 is the trans will adapt to whatever tune he's running. Most tend to run on an econo tune, and then switch to the big tune for the kill. Well they end up killing there trans instead of the other car because teh ALLISON aint ready for it. This is why I only do DSP2's for the LB7's and a stock trans, one for daily driving, and one for tow/haul mode.

Last edited:

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Just put of curiosity Ferm why would ever pay to rebuild someone's tranny? I just tell them ANY time you run a Duramax turned up from stock you run the risk unless your running a very mild tune. It seems to me that any tuner or box tuner comes with the disclaimer that they are not responsible for any damages to the vehicle it is used on. Not really any different then blow head gaskets with tuning. I'd just say use at your own risk. I had a kid come in and want it right on the edge with 35's so I got him as close as I could then he wanted a mouthpiece and we all know what a bigger mouthpiece does and when he left he said "oh I never run on the hot tune" 3 hours later he limped his trans. To which I replied well I guess you know the mouthpiece did it's job and gained you power. What can you do these guys come in wanting big power without paying to play!

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Just put of curiosity Ferm why would ever pay to rebuild someone's tranny? I just tell them ANY time you run a Duramax turned up from stock you run the risk unless your running a very mild tune. It seems to me that any tuner or box tuner comes with the disclaimer that they are not responsible for any damages to the vehicle it is used on. Not really any different then blow head gaskets with tuning. I'd just say use at your own risk. I had a kid come in and want it right on the edge with 35's so I got him as close as I could then he wanted a mouthpiece and we all know what a bigger mouthpiece does and when he left he said "oh I never run on the hot tune" 3 hours later he limped his trans. To which I replied well I guess you know the mouthpiece did it's job and gained you power. What can you do these guys come in wanting big power without paying to play!

I'm just wierd I guess. I stand behind my work in alot of instances I shouldn't. If they say they want stock trans safe, I do everything I can to make sure it won't hurt a healthy trans. If I sent out a stock trans safe tune and it wasn't and took out there trans, I would feel obligated to fix it(like I said, I'm just wierd that way). Then again I don't do many tunes anymore after I had a bad experience. I only do a few for people via email, and they are sent out use at your own risk. I refer most everybody to ridge or atp anymore. It isn't worth the hassle to me to be blamed for something of theres breaking.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I'm just wierd I guess. I stand behind my work in alot of instances I shouldn't. If they say they want stock trans safe, I do everything I can to make sure it won't hurt a healthy trans. If I sent out a stock trans safe tune and it wasn't and took out there trans, I would feel obligated to fix it(like I said, I'm just wierd that way). Then again I don't do many tunes anymore after I had a bad experience. I only do a few for people via email, and they are sent out use at your own risk. I refer most everybody to ridge or atp anymore. It isn't worth the hassle to me to be blamed for something of theres breaking.

I hear you man, I include a disclaimer with every tune I send out