Question: Stock TCM tune

bigbear363

Nov 25, 2016
First time attempting to tune TCM. Received a new TCM tune that I loaded on my EFI live auto cal read the stock tune flashed in the new tune. Everything worked great for 2 days. Now I am getting a service stabilitrack error and it shifts very hard if it shifts at all. Tried reflashing the tune again but I receive a error code. Is there anyway I can obtain the stock TCM tune so I can flash it back in? 2013 LML w/ A50 6spd.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Sounds like a dying TCM pretty common on these trucks though I thought to be more common in 2011-12. If they are about done I personally think reading/tuning speeds it along a little, it's not the tuning software's fault it's a hardware problem I don't remember for sure it was either a bad solder joint or internal short.

bigbear363

Nov 25, 2016
I am hoping that is not the case. Will mess up my plans for the weekend. Really hoping it is just a tune issue and if I can get the stock tune someone flashing it in will solve it for now. Trying to be optimistic.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Sometimes they are intermittent and go for a while other times they just quit. If it helps I took one out of 2010 and flashed the 2011 OS in it and it worked fine, so if you have a friend around with a truck he's not using for a little bit you can probably use any 09+ to early 15 TCM and flash your OS in to get through the weekend. New blanks can be bought off Amazon for under $300 and you just flash your OS in with the V8 software and correct the vin# with the 7.5 software scan tool.

Edit: just noticed you said autocal so i'm not sure how much you can do or fix the vin# with it if a new tcm is needed I haven't tried. But it will still work without the proper vin, just need to full fash if you can.

Last edited:

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Yeah my brother has a 14 model and when he went to put a tune in, it didn't do right and he ended up getting a new tcm to fix it.. I would say there is a good chance you probably will need a new one..

bigbear363

Nov 25, 2016
Ended up at the dealership. Luckily they had one in stock new tcm and stock tune flashed in it. Could have saved a substantial amount if I had the time to order one from Amazon but I needed the truck for the weekend. Thanks for the help everyone much appreciated. :thumb: