Stock or lifted

ctodd36

Nov 4, 2016
Otego, NY
Hey guys just trying to get some more opinions. I am getting my truck closer to being finished for the 2018 season and would like to know if you guys are running stock suspension or doing a suspension lift and then dropping them down! I’ve seen it done both ways and seen success both ways just want to ask you fine folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ballen6

Jun 30, 2015
Hey guys just trying to get some more opinions. I am getting my truck closer to being finished for the 2018 season and would like to know if you guys are running stock suspension or doing a suspension lift and then dropping them down! I’ve seen it done both ways and seen success both ways just want to ask you fine folks!

I've never heard of lifting an ifs truck and then dropping it down. Really curious the reason for that???? I've had 3 lifted duramax trucks and prefer them lifted. I've had a superlift, pro-comp and currently have fab-tec. If you have questions on any of them let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I would run it stock for a season before lifting it unless you just want a lifted truck. You might not want a bigger wider tire. Back in the day TC lifts where common and did well with pullers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ctodd36

Nov 4, 2016
Otego, NY
I just don’t want to go ahead and get my ride height all set and then figure out I can’t keep tires straight! I think that’s my plan as of right now but keeping an open mind

ctodd36

Nov 4, 2016
Otego, NY
I've never heard of lifting an ifs truck and then dropping it down. Really curious the reason for that???? I've had 3 lifted duramax trucks and prefer them lifted. I've had a superlift, pro-comp and currently have fab-tec. If you have questions on any of them let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can get cv axles with a little negative angle, only lift the truck 3” or so and when you are under power lift to keep cv flat

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
I have only ran stock ride height no stops etc. I might consider a tuff country however I actually will be hoping to try a lower than stock height front and rear this season.

ctodd36

Nov 4, 2016
Otego, NY
I have only ran stock ride height no stops etc. I might consider a tuff country however I actually will be hoping to try a lower than stock height front and rear this season.

How are you going to fit 35s with lower then stock lol