Starting to really question the calibration with my DDP injectors - input wanted

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
So after tuning on these injectors for nearly a year now I've found I had to ADD 25% rouhgly to my pulse table, across the board, in lower mm3 regions for it to drive correctly. I'm talking about just cruising down the freeway. Even at 120mpa, I had to add 25% etc to cruise around 30-35mm3. I made 655hp with a lil 64mm turbo and a 2200us tune, so they flow fuel at high pressures. Just seems to are tamed down too much to me at lower pressure/pulse amounts?

at 1965rpms (hwy cruising), 104mpa, I'm at 740us.....with a pilot pulse of 250. This to me doesnt seem right?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Means they just aren't efficient at the lower speeds and quantity which is fairly common with some companies stuff and it has to do with how they are modified. At the end of the day do they work correctly and did you get it to run how you wanted it too?

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
Hi Mark! Thanks for the reply! So yes, I've managed to get them to run how I was hoping for the most part. Was able to hit a dyno and stop where I was wanting with the big tune etc. I was just taken back a bit on having to add at higher pressures. I called DDP to ask them about this, and they explained it was all in the calibration. They normally shoot for 600us at 140mpa at 40mm3. Essentially explained to me they set these up to run ALOT of pressure at cruise, which I have mixed feelings on. I was just looking for some opinions is all. Ive had the luxury of having a pretty well known tuner in your industry look at my file, and even send me what he thought should be "close". Hes verry taken back with these sticks.

Honestly they've been awesome besides the concerns expressed. They are fairly smoke free 👍