Stack caps

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Guess it depends on where the valves came to rest... if there was nowhere for the air blowing in the stack to go, the turbo isn't going to spin.

Dalyfarms

Jan 12, 2010
Centrailia Mo
on alot of the tractors we were running strait pipes, so there was no restriction to the turbos, and on the pulling tractors it was a strait shot on the inlet side of the turbo also.We would use the old nerf foootballs to keep the air from spinning the turbo. I would think any sort of muffler ect would stop any air flow that would spin the turbo while hauling. Of course all my friend have gone to enclosed trailers to haul their pulling tractors now. it makes it real nice to have the tools, ect set up like a small shop at the pulls.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I have not heard of it on a pickup... I think a full exhaust system is safe, bed stacks probably still safe, no f-ing way I would tow my big dollar race/puller truck with a hood stack and not cover it up. 25 bucks for a nice cover is cheap insurance...

Cats mufflers are baffled and they still spin.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
OT but thanks rmallen for the slicks, they look great, just need to find 2 more:thumb:

Back On topic, the caps looks sick Levi, how about a 6" with an "SS" emblem?:woott:

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Finally got some mitre covers made and pipes to test fit them on. Same price as flat top. Doesn't have the grommets installed yet on this one but it will have them the same as the flat tops. If you want a different way to fasten just let me know. I can sew a tunnel along the bottom for a drawstring, add velcro or whatever you want. :thumb:

Still waiting on my embroidered patches to show up. Supposed to be here this week. I'll post pics of them once they show.

Couple Pics
DSCN1283.jpg

DSCN1282.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Oddball here, but curious if you could get some made for turnout style stacks? Mine are 5 inch, if not, or if it would cost too much no worries levi. Just thought id see if it was a possibility. :) if you can get em done let me know i'll probably buy a pair.

Here's a pic, first post.
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21439

I'm honestly not sure how I would build that. If I can get a similar shaped pipe I'm sure I could build something to work. Let me see what I can track down, I'll shoot a PM when I come up with something. :)

Can you put them on right after shut down or do you have to wait till it cools

It's marine grade vinyl, so it won't take a ton of heat but it doesn't have to be completely cold to put them on. I usually touch the stack briefly to make sure it's not scalding hot before installing the cover. No real way to measure, just use common sense and you'll be fine.

Are these 100% water proof?

Can you shoot me a price for 7" mitre cut?

Thanks

Yes, the material is. Only way I could see water getting in would be through the seams but rain/snow hasn't been an issue at all.

PM sent.