Sqeaking noise

JCase02LB7

Jul 23, 2015
02 lb7 with a ton of work done too front end, seriously it's all brand new and had everything checked out and found no more speaking and everything looked good and alignment done with no problems but I keep having a little sneak started out just little bit going slow but now it seems rotational but only going like 5 miles an HR as soon as I get going faster I don't hear anything, already had a u joint replaced on drive shaft and other one looked new, had it checked out again last week and said everything looked good, so gotta be something in tire?

JCase02LB7

Jul 23, 2015
No I'm not, that's possible, wouldn't hear anything at higher speeds? Literally only notice it at very slow speed and gets little faster at higher rotation, that's why I thought dry u joint but that all checked out fine

JCase02LB7

Jul 23, 2015
Checked out dust shield and doesn't appear to be rubbing rotor, from what I can tell anyway, what else you think it could be, as long as its not causing damage it's fine but would like to know what it is, maybe rust build up in disc? Wheel somewhere? Nothing that I can hear at faster speeds, when I go slow it's like a squeak....squeak squeak.....squeak....squeak squeak, that's the pattern and maybe 5-10 mph

JCase02LB7

Jul 23, 2015
Guess that pattern isn't totally rotational, just seems like its in wheel somewhere, maybe just a bushing somewhere? Everything checked out fine a week ago couldn't find any noise at shop and everything in front end is brand new, maybe just a lifted duramax thing haha makes noise all the time

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
what kind of RPM is the noise? My ujoint going squeaked only for the first few MPH, but it was at driveshaft RPM and not wheel RPM in it's frequency.

JCase02LB7

Jul 23, 2015
Like under 1000, just costing through a parking lot, once I get on main road and get above 2000 and 15mph, not saying its not making noise but don't hear it

JCase02LB7

Jul 23, 2015
I personally thought u joint, but everything seems fine to me, and had a shop look at it, replaced back u joint a year ago and second one didn't look bad but idk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
maybe I wasn't clear - I mean RPM of the noise not engine RPM. SO for example, at 10mph I'd expect to hear the noise going S Q U E A K.... S Q U E A K... if it was a wheel and SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK faster if it was the driveshaft u-joint (spinning quicker than a wheel). I know this sounds dumb, but hopefully it makes sense now, LOL :hug:

JCase02LB7

Jul 23, 2015
Ok yes it is squeak.....squeak most times, does seem more wheel, not very fast, so even at like crawling speed that squeak would be going that fast is drive shaft?

JCase02LB7

Jul 23, 2015
Because other one looked new, looked like had been replaced before I bought truck, looking back now a year later probably shoulda