South bend street dual disk

ILduramax

Jul 9, 2007
I just picked up an 05 lly with a zf6. Looking to have it tuned after I sell my 03 and it looks like I will need a clutch before I can add any power at all if I'm understanding what I've read correctly.

I haven't really found any reviews on the south bend street dual disk so I'm wondering if anyone is running one here. Do they drive like a normal dual disk does or do they have manners closer to stock? I'm mainly just looking to have this truck be my daily driver and do some towing. The 650hp rating on these should be plenty for my needs.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
It will not be like the stock spring loaded flywheel feel and easy shifts but isn't that bad you will get use to it backing up trailers use 4LO. I have only installed one street DD in a lbz probably 4 years ago and since then south bend had a design change to help ad in smoother shifting from what i was told. I have installed quite a few street DD in the common rail cummins each one will act a little different but with the small price you give up on comfort is worth every bit knowing you're getting it all to the rear wheels

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I ran the street dual disc and it's gonna be a little grabby but I might have had the old model. Definitely less grabby than a performance single disc, and they will actually hold power. Mine was Ceramic and it seemed to get grabbier the more traffic lights and town driving i did.

ILduramax

Jul 9, 2007
Thanks guys. That gives me an idea. I have a buddy with a dodge that started with a big single disk then went to a street dual south bend and it drives much nicer. Of course that truck is totally different being a 24 valve with an nv4500.

I think I will just have to call south bend when I'm ready to order and see what they have to say.