Sourcing own piping for a s300

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Anyone got a link to a thread or maybe done their own s300 pedestal down pipe etc ? I wanna put my s300 on but don’t feel like spending 2k plus for hsp etc brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I know you didn't ask anyone's opinion, but I would advise against an S300. You get the lag of a big single without the performance.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I know you didn't ask anyone's opinion, but I would advise against an S300. You get the lag of a big single without the performance.

I’m glad I’m not the first one to say it. The amount of restraint it took......

In all reality I fully agree with Josh. IMO go drop in upgrade, S400 over stock, or S400 single. You’ll actually get a gain that’s worth spending money on. Some guys like S300s and some don’t, I’m in the “don’t” category.

Reactions: Parker_

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca

I’m
Open to everyone’s knowledge and opinions . I’m not in much at this point so I appreciate it

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
I’m glad I’m not the first one to say it. The amount of restraint it took......

In all reality I fully agree with Josh. IMO go drop in upgrade, S400 over stock, or S400 single. You’ll actually get a gain that’s worth spending money on. Some guys like S300s and some don’t, I’m in the “don’t” category.

I appreciate it man . I’m here to
Learn . And I’m not
Much in this turbo so yea even tho I didn’t ask I have no problem listening or hearing peoples inputs

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
I agree with josh and brad. Get an appropriately specd s400 and you will be happier. The s300s always leave you wanting more with higher egts and drive with less top end and reliability than an s400 counterpart when you start pushing them harder. Ive used the ppe pedestal, fleece install kit, and the rest a friend fabbed up. Fit well and was nice quality. Im not a fabricator so i always use wfab or sdp on trucks i build and my personal trucks. If you search on here im sure you can find some builds. Google what you want and put duramaxdiesels after it.

Last edited: