Sold the Lincoln, Now it's an IH Metro Project

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
So now that the other one is almost done. You thinking you will get back to this one?

That's the plan anyway. Probably take a breath and spend the summer having fun with the truck then spend a little time on the Lincoln. I'm not looking for another long project, hopefully just an engine/trans swap with some wheels and bags.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Lol ya we can all understand that. I just would like to push my buddy to do it with his 66 Lincoln but he keep trying to say it won't fit. When you have it done he won't be able to say that lol.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Lol ya we can all understand that. I just would like to push my buddy to do it with his 66 Lincoln but he keep trying to say it won't fit. When you have it done he won't be able to say that lol.

Nothing a sawzall won't fix. :D. I seriously don't see it being a problem though. I've pulled a few quick measurements and I think trans fitment is a bigger concern without cutting on the floor. The engine bay has enough room to build a small apartment to live in.

Edit: I just saw the original post date when I brought it home. Man, I'm way behind schedule. :eek:

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Well things definitely changed. I kinda fell out of love with the Lincoln, sold it and the guy picked it up yesterday.:eek: But as one project leaves, another project takes it's place. Gained enough extra cash to buy a 1965 International Metro. Going to pick it up this week. Plan is to de-body a 4wd Dmax, bag it, and put the Metro on it. Probably end up as my daily driver. Tired of a big monthly truck payment for something that has only been driven 5k in the first year.

imagejpg1_zpsd2e563c2.jpg

imagejpg2_zps3c3309d1.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
:roflmao: I love it, Levi!!!!

You should paint it white and then try to find an old milkman's uniform. Or turn it into an ice cream truck ala Josh's van. Either would be hilarious.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

You should paint it white and then try to find an old milkman's uniform. Or turn it into an ice cream truck ala Josh's van. Either would be hilarious.

That would have the total cool factor but on the other hand the patina is too perfect to mess up.

I have my dads original 66 Chevy home delivery milk truck. Its in a barn in Cali but its ready to be set on a dmax dually frame.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Leave the patina and clear coat it...

:rofl: I like both ideas. Honestly not sure what direction I'll go with it. Need to see how much help the body needs. I know I'm a lot happier with how different it is. That was the problem I ended up having with the Lincoln, there's a ton of very cool Lincoln Continentals already out there so it's hard to stand out. Even with a Duramax mill.